SASS Wire Forum

4.5 Shaker 5 Minutes Ago

Yul Lose

This was a noisy, quick one. USGS centered it just north of us.

We had some family over a couple of months back. We were in the living room when the house shuddered. My brother and his wife as well as a couple of my nieces got a bit excited and immediately there was concern of what to do if this was an earthquake.

At this very same time my wife looks at me and says “What do you think…3.5?”

I said “Yeah, probably, but I don’t think that was an earthquake.”

We both then realized that everyone was looking at us and my sister-in-law says to my brother “See that? Must be California conditioning. They didn’t even get excited.” 

It turns out this strange shudder wasn’t an earthquake. It was something else but no one knows what. There were no news reports about it or any mention of it besides people talking. 

We had one several years ago centered in western Maine. We were watching TV and it sounded like a freight train coming up the valley. We looked at each other and just as we said "what the hell is that", knick knacks started falling of the beams and our log home started to shake and it was over. Our first reaction was to try and catch Ellie's porcelain elephants before they hit the hardwood! We failed.:lol:

Archived