SASS Wire Forum

Something a little different.....Wagon Train TV show

I must admit, Wagon Train was never one of my favorites, but I've watched it more lately (slim pickins on the bird). So Wagon Train fans, who was the better boss, Ward Bond or John McIntire? I'm not much help, I'd call it a push. Two giants. Back when we had the SASS conventions I met a lot of California pards who knew a lot about the old Western actors, heard a lot of great stories. One was that Ward Bond was the toughest of the lot in real life.

Cast your vote here.

Sus amigo,

JHC

I'll go with Bond.

After all, he and the John Wayne were good buddies, even after the Duke shot 'im in the butt with a borrowed shotgun.  (Bond even left the shotgun to Wayne in his will :rolleyes:).

I liked Ward Bond in many of the movies that he played in, but I didn't really care for him in Wagon Train. Going to have to go with John McIntire.

I don’t think I have ever watched Wagon Train or if I did I don’t recall it.  
Regarding Ward Bond and John McIntyre, I have always thought of Ward Bond as the type of guy that would be a great guy to have around. John McIntyre always reminded me of that guy that just can’t seem to get it done. The guy that can be Deputy Mayor but not Mayor. Or that guy that’s a bad guy but a wimpy bad guy or a sneaky back shooter. 

I will go with Ward Bond. 

Archived