SASS Wire Forum

Grumpy old farts with Guns

Hey DDD; 

I hear that you were given some "Pop Rock" candy and when it started to pop in you're mouth, you screamed and crawled under the table... shouting "Bombs get down every one"

They finally lured you out from under the table with a lolly Pop...

Are you planning to Shoot this year?

Jabez Cowboy

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon that given the last month or so’s events, I should be extremely grateful just to be here in the Saloon! 

I AM!!

HOWSOMEVER!!  I am becoming more and more frustrated with some of the obstacles that I have encountered in my use of this damned knee scooter!! It ain’t that any of this is new!! I have spent several stretches in the last nearly seven years riding this thing to get around!!  It is really unstable on anything but smooth surfaces. The smallest chunk of gravel can cause it to toss your butt to the ground or into some shrub or sticker bush! A dropped toothpaste cap caused it to flip me into the bathtub one time.  Some of you saw the result of it hanging a wheel in an expansion joint at the Post Office, (skinned up everywhere and a concussion) last fall.

With any luck, I will get to cram the thing into some shed or something in three or four weeks, but it does me good to bitch about it a little bit right now!!

Ain’t much else that’ll make me any grumpier!!

Rant mode off! Thanks for lettin’ me vent a little!!

GRUMPS FOREVER!!

Get off the lawn!!

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 3

You're welcome! That scooter sounds dangerous. You'd be better of on HP mini bike! At least I'd be fun before the crash.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Neighbor of mine navigated with a knee scooter for a while.

His opinion of the device was remarkably similar to your own!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

You're welcome! That scooter sounds dangerous. You'd be better of on HP mini bike! At least I'd be fun before the crash.:lol:

I doubt that Schoolmarm would be very happy with that mini bike in the house!! :lol: :lol:

Getting around the house IS one of the major challenges.

I have rustic slate floors in the kitchen and vanity section of the bath.  It really doesn’t handle well there!

Operating in the kitchen really requires some extra effort!  You can’t just turn around or take a couple steps to the side. I have to make three and four point turns or pick the stupid thing up and swing it around while balancing on my good foot!  I spend a lot of my kitchen time sitting on a high stool and transferring back and forth to the scooter to get things done!!

Lately, I’ve gotten more resentful of the thing and even the furniture is learning amazing new levels of profanity!! :angry: :ph34r: <_<

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I reckon that given the last month or so’s events, I should be extremely grateful just to be here in the Saloon! 

I AM!!

HOWSOMEVER!!  I am becoming more and more frustrated with some of the obstacles that I have encountered in my use of this damned knee scooter!! It ain’t that any of this is new!! I have spent several stretches in the last nearly seven years riding this thing to get around!!  It is really unstable on anything but smooth surfaces. The smallest chunk of gravel can cause it to toss your butt to the ground or into some shrub or sticker bush! A dropped toothpaste cap caused it to flip me into the bathtub one time.  Some of you saw the result of it hanging a wheel in an expansion joint at the Post Office, (skinned up everywhere and a concussion) last fall.

With any luck, I will get to cram the thing into some shed or something in three or four weeks, but it does me good to bitch about it a little bit right now!!

Ain’t much else that’ll make me any grumpier!!

Rant mode off! Thanks for lettin’ me vent a little!!

GRUMPS FOREVER!!

Get off the lawn!!

I ain't gettin' off the lawn and you can't catch me! Nyah!

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

I ain't gettin' off the lawn and you can't catch me! Nyah!

You might want to reconsider that one!!  

The Boobie likes fresh meat and Hatfield has a great arm with all the old parts and pieces from the stuff in the shop!!

Two driveways and a sidewalk are the safest places for ya’!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Here's to hoping the Prayer Posse on your other thread gets rid of that damn scooter soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

HUMMM

Blackwater of the scooter and able to start running and catching up with his tormentors.

We'd better start behaving!!

Meanwhile:

GET OFF MY LAWN!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Friend of mine has a Scooter that does 70MPH. it's made by Yamaha...

Has a 500 cc engine ...  do to a miss-understanding ( government screw-up ) it is a Scooter not a Motorcycle...

Not for use in the kitchen most likely...

Jabez Cowboy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well…

After Wednesday’s visit to the doctor, it’s obvious that I won’t be getting off the damned thing anytime soon!!  

There’s at least one stitch still in my foot and two small places that aren’t healed!!  She packed the open places with collagen and stuck ‘em together with steri-strips.

I won’t be shooting at Kentucky State, but I’m still going and that’s about all there is to it!!

If I seem a little grumpy, you’re underestimating my mood!!

GRUMP ALL TO HELL AND BACK!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A well earned GRUMP. Hang in there BW.

• Like 4

On 3/13/2024 at 8:43 PM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

ETNIdGGUcAIzU9r.jpg

On 3/13/2024 at 8:43 PM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

ETNIdGGUcAIzU9r.jpg

If someone wants to show me that I'll give him two options; take it away with right now under your own power or take that finger home In a Dixie Cup.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

I know a Woman that would bite it off, it was presented in that mannor...

Jabez Cowboy

I didn't know you knew my Mother!

We have spent so much time and effort making the world safer for the idiots and as a result what we’ve really accomplished is that we’ve created bigger, more efficient idiots!!  <_< :angry:

LAWN? HELL!!  GET OFF THE BLOCK!!  :angry:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And far more than needed for each village and town to have a village Idiot...

We seem to have a large surplus...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Canada is in very sad shape... how did we get there? 

Stand up and be counted ,,, Vote these commies out..

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1