SASS Wire Forum

Some of History's savage insult remarks

one of my favorites was from the girl next door to a guy that thought he knew everything about everything ---"you believe what you want , ill believe the truth" 

very wise for a ten year old , he had no retort , i stored it away for future use , have used it a number of times ....im starting to feel the need all too often these days 

"If I was interested in something that whines and chases a ball, I'd get a dog."

"I could never learn to like her, except on a raft at sea with no other provisions in sight."

"I did not attend his funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."

"If all the girls attending [the Yale prom] were laid end to end, I wouldn't be at all surprised."

"That woman speaks eighteen languages, and can't say 'No' in any of them."

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

"Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone."

"The man was so crooked, when he was alive he had to plant a grove of corkscrews for shade, and when dead, had to be screwed into the ground."

My Dad’s favorite:

”Boy, if you had a brain in your head it would look like a BB in a boxcar!”

15 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Snip-it_1653708896328.jpg.563dd63a2c0c55bda4f8d09b1d1e1926.jpg

That last one reminds of a guy I worked with. His mother was a prostitute, so you can kind of figure the sort of life he had. He told me once his mother told him she should have thrown him away and raised the afterbirth.

SFC Hooks: "That man is dumber than a day-old monkey."

Me: "I'm doing the very best that I can!!" 

SFC Hooks: "I was afraid of that."

SFC Hooks, when we were screwing up by the numbers:  "My God!  I've been completely surrounded and overrun by incompetence!"

My all time favorite which I recited and played out in front of a couple hundred government managers in DC.  This was one of those wonderful and costly management training sessions where we formed teams and acted out different scenarios to enhance diversity among other delightful goals.  Our team being the Wizard of Oz and me the no brain Scarecrow.   Being the only one there wearing boots I slipped one off and started staring at the heel.  Our Dorothy who had not a clue asked me what I was doing?  Deadpanning , in my best West Texas drawl,  I shouted the Lion said I couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the directions were on the heel and danged if I can see em!  

Of course this is an old country euphemism to lightly insult someone just not right.

Anyway, people snorted coffee everywhere and it brought the house down.....mostly yankees they had never heard such but it left them laughing in tears.   I even took a bow.

Archived