SASS Wire Forum

Why things get reproduced, and what would you like to see?

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

On 2/2/2022 at 1:33 PM, Doc Nelson #19958 said:

A gatlin gun that uses either .357/.38 or .45 colt. Could be 3/4 size but no smaller. Not that I could afford to shoot it.

Doc Nelson

This fall one of the members of the gun club in Higgensville MO brought a gatlin gun that was chambered in 45LC.  It had a 30 round magazine but he only loaded 10 at a time.  He had it at the last stage of our last CAS match of the season. Each one got to shoot it as the last "gun" of the last stage.  Doesn't take long to run through 10 shots.  And pretty hard to hit a regular sized steel target at 40 yds.

I don't know if it was 3/4 size or full size but the 2 wheels were over 3 ft high iirc.

13 hours ago, Dr. O. R. Vet said:

This fall one of the members of the gun club in Higgensville MO brought a gatlin gun that was chambered in 45LC.  It had a 30 round magazine but he only loaded 10 at a time.  He had it at the last stage of our last CAS match of the season. Each one got to shoot it as the last "gun" of the last stage.  Doesn't take long to run through 10 shots.  And pretty hard to hit a regular sized steel target at 40 yds.

I don't know if it was 3/4 size or full size but the 2 wheels were over 3 ft high iirc.

Battery Gun Company

I wish they would chamber the 1871 in .38 WCF ,  Navy grips, 7 1/2 inch barrel ....

And Yes it can be done .

Marlin 94  24 inch tapered Octagon Barrel, straight Grip and slender forearm ( like in the 1950s ) Chambered in .38-40.

Jabez Cowboy  

Would like to see:

Cimarron/Uberti, 1860 Henry/1866 Winchester, in .44 Colt, or .44 Russian caliber.

Marlin in .38 w.c.f.

Pedersoli, or an Uberti, 1886, in .45-70 Government, with an octagonal barrel, with a straight grip stock (not a pistol grip).

Pedersoli, or an Uberti, 1886, in .45-70 Government, in the saddle-ring carbine version.

Pedersoli, or an Uberti, model 1892, in .38 w.c.f. caliber.

Pedersoli, or an Uberti, slide-action rifle (Lightning), in .38 w.c.f. caliber, and also .32 w.c.f. caliber. 

It may not ever be done, or it may be impractical, or unprofitable, but hey...it's a danged wish list!!!

Archived