SASS Wire Forum

[SOLD] Winchester 1866 "Yellow Boy" Short Rifle | 45 Colt | NEW

Wade Butcher

UPDATE: SOLD. Thank you.

This listing is for NEW / UNFIRED (Safe Queen) Winchester 1866 "Yellow Boy" Short Rifle made in Japan by Miroku. The caliber is the classic cowboy, 45 Colt.

She's a pretty girl, but may need a little polishing as I've fondled her a bit, and she's starting to show a little patina on the brass.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the original box, but I do have the paperwork that comes with it, so that's a bonus.

Offering her to a new home for only $1500 $1400 with free shipping and insurance from my FFL to yours. (I'll need a copy of your FFL's paperwork, but my FFL is always helpful with that.) PayPal / Venmo / Zelle preferred for faster shipping. Will also accept USPS money order or personal check, but the personal check may take up to 10 days to clear.

Please feel free to ask questions. Happiness guaranteed.

W.B.

YellowBoy2-1000px.jpg

YellowBoy1-1000px.jpg

I know what you mean, Yukon. And in the spirit of nudging you a little closer to taking her off my hands, here are some clearer pics of a quick polish that I did to the left side receiver. (I'll polish all the brass before shipping. ;))

W.B.

Winny-Polished-1500px.jpg

Winny-Polished-2-1500px.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bump again.

(Side question: There's a large local gun show in my home city this weekend. Anyone of you pards ever sell or trade at a gun show before? I'm sure I'd get a better price on GunBroker, but a local show with no shipping required would be much more convenient, and I'm wondering if the loss in sale price might be worth it. Any thoughts?)

W.B.

11 minutes ago, Wade Butcher said:

Bump again.

(Side question: There's a large local gun show in my home city this weekend. Anyone of you pards ever sell or trade at a gun show before? I'm sure I'd get a better price on GunBroker, but a local show with no shipping required would be much more convenient, and I'm wondering if the loss in sale price might be worth it. Any thoughts?)

W.B.

If you're looking to sell it to a dealer, a rifle worth $1,400 will probably get you around a thousand or less; or a lot less depending on the dealer.  If you walk around with it and a private individual is interested the price will go higher.  However, selling to a private individual unknown to you has its risks.  State laws may have an impact, as well.  It is a nice looking rifle and the price is not out of line, but it is a bit of money.

I sell at gunshows from time to time and ALWAYS get a picture of the buyers Drivers License to prove they reside in the same state where I live. When I return home with the photo I make a file with appropriate detail which includes the guns serial #, date of sale, ect.

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone. Maybe I'll skip selling it at the gun show. I really don't mind selling it locally. I've sold or traded lots of guns locally, but I always make sure to get a signed bill of sale and verify ID / CWP. (Just to be safe. You never know.) I suppose that I'll simply list it locally on Armslist before moving it over to GunBroker.

That said, if anyone local (Greenville, SC) wants it, then she's a quick and easy $1300. :)

W.B.

• Wade Butcher changed the title to [SOLD] Winchester 1866 "Yellow Boy" Short Rifle | 45 Colt | NEW

Archived