SASS Wire Forum

Eastwood’s Hat in new “Cry Macho” movie?

Flaco Joe

Anyone have any idea where I could get a copy of Clint Eastwood’s hat in the new “Cry Macho” movie?

They are a little expensive, but when I seem to think I need a movie hat, I go to Last Best West Hat -

https://thelastbestwest.com/cowboy-hats/western-movie-hats/

The one I did have made has been a good wearing one.

If they don't have it in the on-line catalog, call them.  If you can provide them a couple screen snaps or trailer videos they usually will give it a good shot.

Looking at the trailer for the movie, the hat looks very simple to shape - a light tear drop/tycoon crown and almost flat brim.  Add the right band and you'd be real close.

good luck, GJ

Edited by Garrison Joe, SASS #60708
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These guys make a lot of the hats for Hollywood productions.  Call and ask them.  This is where I got my Deadwood Seith Bullock hat.  They made the original hat for Timothy Olyphant.

https://baronhats.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also buy my hats from the Last Best West.  I've bought three and have been pleased with all of them.

• Thanks 1

Try Maverick custom hats and restoration, great prices and a really nice guy to work with.  SCJ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Buy a cheap used hat that fits your head at Goodwill or Red Racks. Get it soaking wet, reshape it yourself, wear it until it dries.