SASS Wire Forum

Why would someone...

Singin' Sue 71615

My late mother-in-law was in the cancer ICU. When someone came in to discuss her treatment she always said I could stay (any other visitor would be sent out (son, daughter husband).  When the nurse read off the possible Side effects of the treatment, she usually said “I have those already“.

In desert storm the army feared we would be hit with nerve agent gas, so their solution was to give us nerve agent antidote pills that gave us the symptoms of nerve agent gas so our bodies would build immunity.   

While we were sent to the front , some of the men were left to await the ships off loading our vehicles.   They were attacked by scud missiles so they took their nerve agent pills first.  One of them was one of my men, a 19 year old wrestler etc.  By the time he got to the line with the vehicles,  he had a kidney infection. Not normal.  Nerve agent gas causes uncontrolled urination.  

Once I began to be forced to take mine by the 1lt.  I developed stomach problems, also something nerve agents do to you.  Then I got a massive rash, like shingles.  A buddy if mine developed dysentery and was hospitalized.  Many others got sick.  All because they wanted to give us symptoms of something that MAY happen, so we could build immunity,  as if it would have worked.  

Btw, the symptoms are still there 30 years later.  

Seems the older I get, the more I suffer from seasonal allergies.  Starts with oak and cedar pollen in the spring to rag weed and whatever else is pollinating.  I tried taking off the shelf antihistamine but, while it relieves my allergy symptoms,  it leaves me feeling like crap.  Our youngest is a nurse and also suffers from respiratory problems. He takes a more powerful non-prescription drug and recommended I try it.  Also works but makes me sick. So I just suffer through it. 

1 hour ago, Trigger Mike said:

In desert storm the army feared we would be hit with nerve agent gas, so their solution was to give us nerve agent antidote pills that gave us the symptoms of nerve agent gas so our bodies would build immunity.   

While we were sent to the front , some of the men were left to await the ships off loading our vehicles.   They were attacked by scud missiles so they took their nerve agent pills first.  One of them was one of my men, a 19 year old wrestler etc.  By the time he got to the line with the vehicles,  he had a kidney infection. Not normal.  Nerve agent gas causes uncontrolled urination.  

Once I began to be forced to take mine by the 1lt.  I developed stomach problems, also something nerve agents do to you.  Then I got a massive rash, like shingles.  A buddy if mine developed dysentery and was hospitalized.  Many others got sick.  All because they wanted to give us symptoms of something that MAY happen, so we could build immunity,  as if it would have worked.  

Btw, the symptoms are still there 30 years later.  

Kinda sounds like what is happening to the private sector today, doesn't it?

Archived