SASS Wire Forum

New Revolvers with imitation ivory grips

I bought these for my middle son (the Iron Cowboy) Saturday. I really like the slim grips. I like the fine grain as well, though there’s a bit too much shine for me.

I wouldn’t mind getting a set of these for my Vaqueros, but there aren’t any markings.

Eagle maybe?

F42E8AFA-281B-49B3-9807-5AA876920504.jpeg

1 minute ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

That's them.  Thanks Mark.  I think I'll get a set with those slim grips, but wood instead of 'ivory'.

I've got a pair of original Vaqueros, and a pair of New Vaquero Montados.  Each have Eagle checkered Gunfighter Grips in Rosewood.  I am absolutely delighted with those grips. 

montados.jpg

2 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

I've got a pair of original Vaqueros, and a pair of New Vaquero Montados.  Each have Eagle checkered Gunfighter Grips in Rosewood.  I am absolutely delighted with those grips. 

montados.jpg

Oh yeah. I have to agree Mark, the Eagle GF grips are the best I've used. Darned near perfect.

10 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

I got two pair of Eagle kirinite "ivory" grips for my matched pair of Uberti 1860 civilian style Colt clones.  Took forever but the fit is unmatched and if you knock a bit of the shine off they look splendid.  I had Rachel Wells do some "scrimshaw" to add my bird to them and they are show stoppers.  I had tried four or five sets of grips, none of which were satisfactory, but these are nearly perfect.

The guns had been tuned by Rowdy Yates (IIRC), then I added a pair of custom holsters (with "wedding band" tooling and a belt from Rick Bachman up in Florence, Montana, and a Will Ghormley belt buckle, engraved back straps for both guns by Kelly Laster.  Now with  big grin I'm off to find a barbeque party to strut my pretties amongst those less beautifully armed than I am.

You'll love those grips.

20 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I bought these for my middle son (the Iron Cowboy) Saturday. I really like the slim grips. I like the fine grain as well, though there’s a bit too much shine for me.

I wouldn’t mind getting a set of these for my Vaqueros, but there aren’t any markings.

Eagle maybe?

F42E8AFA-281B-49B3-9807-5AA876920504.jpeg

Very nice looking grips...have to show to the Wife and see if she might like those on her revolvers. For my big hands, I went with the Extended Grips from Texas Grips and have been very happy with the feel of those. Sent Henry some Turkish Walnut blocks I had and he used those for my grips.

Extended Grips 1.jpg

Archived