SASS Wire Forum

I wear jeans now with a belt, I still wear my high boots, a really nice hat and my regular holsters (not drop holsters) Would this be considered "C" Western??:lol: On my avatar I'm wearing a vest which I sometimes do.

I was wondering who else mixes some modern clothing with their outfit.

I'm not advocating a new category so just chill out!:P

Admn. feel free to move this to the saloon if we get any "whinners":o:D

1 minute ago, Not Dead Ed said:

I think you just described the average shooter.  

Yea I agree, kind of a mix of historic and modern! ;)

Did you say your name was Leonard Franklin Slye before you changed it?  Born in Cincinnati, Ohio, grew up just outside Portsmouth, Ohio on Bonsers Run?  Had a dog named bullet and a friend who drove a jeep named Nelly Bell?   ^_^:D  Don't think you are quite that old though!!!

7 minutes ago, Pee Wee #15785 said:

Did you say your name was Leonard Franklin Slye before you changed it?  Born in Cincinnati, Ohio, grew up just outside Portsmouth, Ohio on Bonsers Run?  Had a dog named bullet and a friend who drove a jeep named Nelly Bell?   ^_^:D  Don't think you are quite that old though!!!

He was my first cowboy hero, I was about 5! :lol:

He would have qualified for B Western not C Western!:P

Over the last two years I'm increasingly wearing, jeans and suspenders, at times I'll add chinks or chaps. In the past it was always a vest and cowboy pants. There's no particular reason I've started wearing jeans, but sometimes I see pictures of myself and question if I shouldn't go back to "cowboy" attire though. However there's nothing wrong with the outfit.

He would come back every year to Portsmouth while his Uncle Bill was alive and the town would have a big (for them) parade .  Today there is no shops down town and they have Murals on the old flood walls.

If there is to be another category, how about “Crippled Frontiersman “?  I cannot shoot duelist style anymore thanks to arthritis in my shoulder.  But I can shoot fairly well two handed.

Two-handed Frontiersman isn’t much of a stretch, is it?

:blush:

If you bedazzle your jeans, would that make you  C+ or a B- Western shooter? :lol::P

3 minutes ago, Not Dead Ed said:

If you bedazzle your jeans, would that make you  C+ or a B- Western shooter? :lol::P

I think "bedazzled" jeans are not allowed if I remember correctly! :lol:

All I wear anymore is jeans to shoot in.

Blue, black or brown at small matchs.

Black or brown at bigger matches. 

Always wear cuffs and hat. Use to wear my spurs all the time until doctor had me switch to lace up boots.

Chinks sometimes.

14 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Yes, that is correct,  but just think of the glare off the shooter a sunny day.  It’d blind the spotters B)

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

They CAN be bedazzled and you can also add other fancy or flashy adornments to your jeans.

You just cannot have slogans or logos embroidered, silk screened, and such, saying things like “PINK” or, my personal favorite, “BABY.” 

Archived