Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Recommended Posts

Didn't want to hijack the Mems thread but felt that this needed to be pointed out. Although if you look you'll find amy memes are far from truthful.

 

Yes Hitler was Time Magazines "Man of the Year" for 1939.

 

This is what the magazine cover looked like. The quote at the bottom reads

 

“From the unholy organist, a hymn of hate.”

 

https://i.insider.com/4fac074769bedd4d52000006?width=1200

 

Quote

Hitler appeared on the cover of TIME on multiple occasions — most famously perhaps on Jan. 2, 1939, when he was named Man of the Year. That choice abided by the dictum of TIME founder Henry Luce, who decreed that the Man of the Year — now Person of the Year — was not an honor but instead should be a distinction applied to the newsmaker who most influenced world events for better or worse. In case that second criterion was lost on readers, the issue that named Hitler dispensed with the portrait treatment that cover subjects typically got. Instead he was depicted as a tiny figure with his back to the viewer, playing a massive organ with his murdered victims spinning on a St. Catherine’s wheel. Underneath the stark, black-and-white illustration was the caption, “From the unholy organist, a hymn of hate.”

 

 

He was on the cover several times and. as was another evil man.Joesph Stallin.

 

 

One thing I have notices is that Hitler and the Nazi's are more popular than ever. There are hundreds of TV shows that are absolutly fascinated to that paper hanger and his followers.

 

Personally I wish they would quite focusing on Nazi Germany and let that stain on humanity fade into history as a foot note about evil.

 

 

Edited by Sedalia Dave
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know what you do about it . Most of the time as soon as someone brings up Natzi’s or Hitler in a argument people just roll their eyes and disregard what the person is a to say . But on the other hand if we forget it will happen again. 
I don’t know if anyone here is a HS teacher but what do the teach today? History seems to have been re written since I was in HS 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I don’t know what you do about it . Most of the time as soon as someone brings up Natzi’s or Hitler in a argument people just roll their eyes and disregard what the person is a to say . But on the other hand if we forget it will happen again. 
I don’t know if anyone here is a HS teacher but what do the teach today? History seems to have been re written since I was in HS 

 

The problem these days is that anyone who disagrees with someone typically calls them a Nazi, thus diluting the true meaning. The anti-gunners and liberals are calling us Nazis at the same time that we are calling the gun-grabbers a bunch of Nazis. Which one is it???

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Didn't want to hijack the Mems thread but felt that this needed to be pointed out. Although if you look you'll find amy memes are far from truthful.

 

Yes Hitler was Time Magazines "Man of the Year" for 1939.

 

This is what the magazine cover looked like. The quote at the bottom reads

 

“From the unholy organist, a hymn of hate.”

 

https://i.insider.com/4fac074769bedd4d52000006?width=1200

 

 

 

He was on the cover several times and. as was another evil man.Joesph Stallin.

 

 

One thing I have notices is that Hitler and the Nazi's are more popular than ever. There are hundreds of TV shows that are absolutly fascinated to that paper hanger and his followers.

 

Personally I wish they would quite focusing on Nazi Germany and let that stain on humanity fade into history as a foot note about evil.

 

 

https://time.com/5047813/person-of-the-year-history/

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My son took a class in high school that was only about WWII and the fallout from it. It started by touching on WWI and how it led to the second.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

My son took a class in high school that was only about WWII and the fallout from it. It started by touching on WWI and how it led to the second.

I get the feeling that the curriculum is vastly different depending on where you are in the country, especially if you are not attending a public school 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I get the feeling that the curriculum is vastly different depending on where you are in the country, especially if you are not attending a public school 

Northern indiana. Public school.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Personally I wish they would quite focusing on Nazi Germany and let that stain on humanity fade into history as a foot note about evil.

 

 

Nope, gotta disagree.

 

Nazis are a stain on humanity.  I really enjoy hearing about the 90 year old camp guards that get their American citizenship revoked and they are deported back to Europe.  I think it's a shame that they usually don't get tried for their crimes and it's doubly a shame that they don't end up doing a Newgate Hornpipe or end up stood against a wall. 

 

Yeah, they are old men and that's a shame, too.  We should have caught them earlier. 

 

IF you ever catch yourself felling sorry for them, remember the millions of men women and children that didn't get the chance to grow old because of them.  Remember the lampshades made out of human skin, the men marched to death to test army boots and the barrels of dental fillings.

 

Their atrocities need to be remembered and kept in the collective consciousness to keep them from happening again. 

 

"Never again," ain't just a motto, it's a promise- and forgetting why that promise was made is the first step to breaking it.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Nope, gotta disagree.

 

Nazis are a stain on humanity.  I really enjoy hearing about the 90 year old camp guards that get their American citizenship revoked and they are deported back to Europe.  I think it's a shame that they usually don't get tried for their crimes and it's doubly a shame that they don't end up doing a Newgate Hornpipe or end up stood against a wall. 

 

Yeah, they are old men and that's a shame, too.  We should have caught them earlier. 

 

IF you ever catch yourself felling sorry for them, remember the millions of men women and children that didn't get the chance to grow old because of them.  Remember the lampshades made out of human skin, the men marched to death to test army boots and the barrels of dental fillings.

 

Their atrocities need to be remembered and kept in the collective consciousness to keep them from happening again. 

 

"Never again," ain't just a motto, it's a promise- and forgetting why that promise was made is the first step to breaking it.

Exactly. It’s not like refusing to post a mass shooters pic in the paper.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Nope, gotta disagree.

 

Nazis are a stain on humanity.  I really enjoy hearing about the 90 year old camp guards that get their American citizenship revoked and they are deported back to Europe.  I think it's a shame that they usually don't get tried for their crimes and it's doubly a shame that they don't end up doing a Newgate Hornpipe or end up stood against a wall. 

 

Yeah, they are old men and that's a shame, too.  We should have caught them earlier. 

 

IF you ever catch yourself felling sorry for them, remember the millions of men women and children that didn't get the chance to grow old because of them.  Remember the lampshades made out of human skin, the men marched to death to test army boots and the barrels of dental fillings.

 

Their atrocities need to be remembered and kept in the collective consciousness to keep them from happening again. 

 

"Never again," ain't just a motto, it's a promise- and forgetting why that promise was made is the first step to breaking it.

 

I would agree if they were portrayed in a negative light. Yet all the shows seem to glorify many aspects of their society while glossing over and white washing their atrocities. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Newgate Hornpipe

 

Same steps as the Tyburn Jig.

 

Well said,  sir.

 

What really disturbs me is that socialism/communism is exalted and "Nazis" vilified when they are just different faces of the same totalitarian die.   Socialism of all flavors, including National Socialism, communism,  fascism, not a clipped groats difference among them. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.