SASS Wire Forum

NM Vaquero with Army grip?

Hendo

You can get NM Vaqueros with Bisley grips.

To be fair, I'm really really liking the Taylor short stroke gunfighter. I'm just trying to check my options. 

I'm completely blaming that Jed I. Knight guy for his Alchimista video and another Pard of mine who showed me his new Gunfighters.

Ya know, sometimes y'all just suck.

:lol::lol::lol:

16 minutes ago, Hendo said:

To be fair, I'm really really liking the Taylor short stroke gunfighter. I'm just trying to check my options. 

I'm completely blaming that Jed I. Knight guy for his Alchimista video and another Pard of mine who showed me his new Gunfighters.

Ya know, sometimes y'all just suck.

:lol::lol::lol:

I like Taylor's and all, but personally I'd run far away from those if they have that stupid retractable firing pin in them(I'm told all the new Uberti's do).

5 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I like Taylor's and all, but personally I'd run far away from those if they have that stupid retractable firing pin in them(I'm told all the new Uberti's do).

I have several Uberti pistols, some 4 click with the old pivoting safety on the face of the hammer and some 3 click with the new system. The only one that I have problems with is a Uberti SASS PRO with the lowered short stroked hammer with the retractable FP. The lock time on that one is so fast that the hammer is already down before I can pull the trigger back far enough to actuate the safety system. It works just fine if I shoot 2 handed, hold the trigger all the way back and slip hammer the rounds.

I have these installed on a pair of NMV Rugers.  I love them!  It took a little work with a file and sandpaper. 

Grip Frame, Hunter, SS : RUGER GRIP FRAME, HUNTER, SS | Brownells

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

The Alchimista (Pietta) with the Army grips are very nice and traditional 4 click hammers. Uberti has no idea that they became Pietta’s best salesman 

+ 10 for Texas Grips extended grips. I have mesquite ones on my OM Vaqueros and they are great in my huge hands, shooting double duelist. He’s currently working on a pair of “gunfighter” extended grips for me. 

3 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

The Alchimista (Pietta) with the Army grips are very nice and traditional 4 click hammers. Uberti has no idea that they became Pietta’s best salesman 

Are the Taylor short strokes "safety hammers" too?

I had purchased a Cimarron Model P 6 or so years ago and when I got into CAS last year, I bought another one. I didn't know about the hammer change until I took the new one home. It never failed me, but I was practiced to the original style. It sorta threw me off having two mechanically different shooters (mainly at the LT and ULT).

I picked up an old style hammer and trigger from Taylor and Co and installed them in the new pistol. It wasn't very hard at all.

I'm with Mister Badly on this....Whatever pistol you have Texas Grips can make Extended Grips for your Shooter,,,, Advantage so if you like your NMV but want more purchase on your grip you can get from Henry Lance down at Texas Grips....

Regards

Texas Red

Archived