SASS Wire Forum

Daylight savings

Perro Del Diablo

Never minded midnights just trading sleep time and work time hated swing.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I woke up at 02:00 this morning. I normally awaken at 03:00...Damn my internal clock! 

My computer says it is 7:22.

My dog is insisting it is 8:22 and I have totally forgotten to feed him during his golden dinner hour (7 to 8).

Guess I'll go feed him now.

There is no snooze button on a cat wanting breakfast, and they don't care about DST.

13 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

There is no snooze button on a cat wanting breakfast, and they don't care about DST.

there has been no snooze button on my internal clock either - thinking of just throwing out all my time pieces or settling on one time for my zone and living in it - retired got no place to be that i cant adjust for 

2 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

My computer says it is 7:22.

My dog is insisting it is 8:22 and I have totally forgotten to feed him during his golden dinner hour (7 to 8).

Guess I'll go feed him now.

Must be nice, to have a dog that actually wants to be fed at a specific time.

Worthless Worthless.jpg.556cc7eb75b1b7d7685300de146fe373.jpg goes by the sun. When it gets to a certain shade of darkness outside, she wants fed. She wants fed at about 8:00 during the summer . At 5:00 this evening she was giving me massive amounts of grief because I wasn't feeding her yet. "The sun's going down dammit. It's suppertime! Don't you know anything?!?"

Damn dog

19 hours ago, Alpo said:

Must be nice, to have a dog that actually wants to be fed at a specific time.

Worthless Worthless.jpg.556cc7eb75b1b7d7685300de146fe373.jpg goes by the sun. When it gets to a certain shade of darkness outside, she wants fed. She wants fed at about 8:00 during the summer . At 5:00 this evening she was giving me massive amounts of grief because I wasn't feeding her yet. "The sun's going down dammit. It's suppertime! Don't you know anything?!?"

Damn dog

It is the level of darkness, but I have instituted a window. No complaints until the window is closing, or the window might stay open a bit longer (the golden hour).

But if I do actually forget (it has happened a few times), then he can complain. Fall Back triggers a complaint every year. My boy will reset his clock in a few more days.

When the days get longer, he feels like he gets fed sooner and sooner as the weeks go by.

Would be nice to live by the sun rather than by arbitrary clocks.

On edit: Would also be nice to live by moon phases rather than arbitrary months on a calendar.

Archived