Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Major Art Tillery

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN 2021

Recommended Posts

Classic Cowboy Showdown 2020 is a now a thing of the past...  BRING ON 2021

 

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN 2021

 

 

I am once again throwing down a challenge to all you Classic Cowboys and Cowgirls across this great country! DO YOU ACCEPT?  OR ARE YA YELLA?

 

The Showdown for 2021 will be held with the...

 

THE FORT DES MOINES RANGERS

Iowa State Championship

May 28 - 30, 2021

http://www.fortdesmoinesrangers.com/home.html

 

~~Range located at~~

Central Iowa Shooting Sports

19444 Highway 65

Indianola, IA 50125

 

The Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Showdown is an idea I came up with in 2017, to drum up the numbers of classics I get to shoot with. Because nothing is greater then getting a group of like minded pards together to shoot the big guns and wear all that gear to the shooting line.  Greatest category I have ever shot!  Now let me tell ya this little challenge has really taken off, the past two year we have had over 20 classic taking place in the CC Showdown!! 

 

Like in years past I will once again be putting up a Custom Buckle for the top shooting CLASSIC!  In years past I have had some great folks step up and offer up awards as well.... this past year we had a buckle for the TOP BP Classic, a couple of excellent Conchos, Top Ten Plaques, bottle of Black Powder Whiskey, and custom loading Strip.  Ya just never know what we will come op with for 2021!!

 

This will be the 5th year of putting on the Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Showdown, and I am really hoping for an excellent turn out. The Classic Category in my mind is one the best categories in SASS!  To shoot the category you have to be willing to not only dress the part but, but also shoot the bigger caliber guns!  So I urge you take on this Challenge and sign up for the 2021 Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Showdown, and come hang out with the greatest bunch of folks in SASS!

ARE YOU TOUGH ENOUGH?

Please help spread the word and keep checking back as many things will be added to this post.

 

If you have any suggestions or would like to help out please feel free to contact me:  majorarttillery@gmail.com

 

Plan to attend, Let me know and I will start a who's coming list!

 

Edited by Major Art Tillery
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't able to make it this year.Is my entry good for next year.?

                                                                                                                             Largo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, largo casey #19191 said:

I wasn't able to make it this year.Is my entry good for next year.?

                                                                                                                             Largo

Different club Largo... So unfortunately I don't think I can make that happen.  All entry fees are handled by the host club.

 

Was really looking forward to shooting with you again... Was bummed you could not make it.  But Life gets in the way of our fun sometimes! B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Looks like we might be doing Kansas & Iowa.Will be watching for entry's.Will see how close together they are.

  Sure missed shooting with U again.

Looking forward to a Hip relacement in March.

                                                                                                                     Largo                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

                                                                                                                                     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like this coincides with the Iowa State shoot Memorial Weekend.

 

Correct me if I am wrong Major Art Tillary.

 

Will have to see if I can make it work out. Have to remember to bring my Henry. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Verdigris Kid said:

Looks like this coincides with the Iowa State shoot Memorial Weekend.

 

Correct me if I am wrong Major Art Tillary.

 

Will have to see if I can make it work out. Have to remember to bring my Henry. :D

Yes sir!  You are correct!  Hope ya can make it... Going to practice my Henry work to whoop up on ya this time! :lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never shot in Iowa, this is now on my calendar for next year.  Hope I can make it work.  Have had a blast at the showdown the last two years.

Scout

Edited by Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Classic Cowboy is the absolutely best category in SASS! I wish this was a little closer to home. If it was I'd be all over it. Because, after all, Classic Cowboys exist because even gunfighters need heroes! :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

I have never shot in Iowa, this is now on my calendar for next year.  Hope I can make it work.  Have had a blast at the showdown the last two years.

Scout

Glad you have made it pard...  Looking for next year already!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2020 at 9:46 PM, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

Classic Cowboy is the absolutely best category in SASS! I wish this was a little closer to home. If it was I'd be all over it. Because, after all, Classic Cowboys exist because even gunfighters need heroes! :D 

Ya bet it is... Undeniable!  Where do you call home?  Wish you could make the trip.  

 

And your right they do need heroes.  ( Shot Glass from first Showdown from 4 years ago)

PSX_20191110_100214.thumb.jpg.bba6a5bc30947aead8f5c0d7f3a4ec17.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Ya bet it is... Undeniable!  Where do you call home?  Wish you could make the trip.  

 

Oregon. The Oregon Trail route goes up the canyon past my house. I asked my lovely bride if she wanted to go to Iowa for Memorial Day weekend and was met with a somewhat less than enthusiastic response... :D 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2020 at 10:15 PM, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

Oregon. The Oregon Trail route goes up the canyon past my house. I asked my lovely bride if she wanted to go to Iowa for Memorial Day weekend and was met with a somewhat less than enthusiastic response... :D 

Well does she know the John Wayne Museum is within driving distance from this match.? :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the top... Start making plans for 2021 and get this match on your list ya classics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Well does she know the John Wayne Museum is within driving distance from this match.? :ph34r:

I don’t think so, but she provably wouldn’t care if she did... :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the top... Will have a link to the entries as soon as they are available.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to helping with this great event this year.  I've updated our website with our Iowa State 2021 registration so anyone that wants to get that in can.  There are 2 options, you can do it all online or you can print and mail in the form.  I'm still trying to fix a long standing issues with our Paypal.  If you click on the continue shopping link it will take you back to our main page and not the order page.  This can tend to cause a lot of confusion for folks that want to pay online.  If you run into issues please feel free to email me.

 

Thanks,

 

Cactus Clark

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cactus Clark said:

Looking forward to helping with this great event this year.  I've updated our website with our Iowa State 2021 registration so anyone that wants to get that in can.  There are 2 options, you can do it all online or you can print and mail in the form.  I'm still trying to fix a long standing issues with our Paypal.  If you click on the continue shopping link it will take you back to our main page and not the order page.  This can tend to cause a lot of confusion for folks that want to pay online.  If you run into issues please feel free to email me.

 

Thanks,

 

Cactus Clark

Thanks for the info!  Looking forward to shooting there... Sure hope Covid in 2021 does not screw things up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Psst.... So I heard there is going to be Three Buckles this year!  Yeah.. better sign up Classics!   Other awards are being planned as well!  Don't miss it!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I tough enough?  Probably not, but I'll keep it on my radar and I'm sure you'll remind me.

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2020 at 10:43 PM, Grizzly Dave said:

Am I tough enough?  Probably not, but I'll keep it on my radar and I'm sure you'll remind me.

 

:D

Oh I will keep you well informed... Ya got them new Pistols now don't ya?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put it on the Calendar, Hope I am tough enough and can make it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they gonna have a CCBP class?

                                                                          Largo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Colonel Lou said:

Put it on the Calendar, Hope I am tough enough and can make it.

I hope so as well.  Should be a great time in Iowa for the match.  Remember John Wayne's Birthplace and museum is just a short drive from the event!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Are they gonna have a CCBP class?

                                                                          Largo

Yes sir... A buckle has been donated.  Along with other awards.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a couple of things coming up.See how it go's before I send in my entry.

                                                                                                                                                  Largo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2020 at 8:28 AM, largo casey #19191 said:

Got a couple of things coming up.See how it go's before I send in my entry.

                                                                                                                                                  Largo

Hope you can make it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On my hope to make it, but waiting to see how some things shake out

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2020 at 9:48 AM, StirrupTrouble said:

On my hope to make it, but waiting to see how some things shake out

Hope you can make it this year buddy!  We gotta get together this next year for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.