SASS Wire Forum

Pat Riot Countdown!

1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

My daughter is in PA and planning her escape, but she is in a metro area. PA is a very attractive state, and varied.  Was there many times in past years.  Personally, I hate moving - you might as well dump your stuff on a football field and have someone stir it with a Bobcat!

My hometown is in the Southwest corner of PA, 50 miles south of Pittsburgh. That is the area where we found the 2 homes for sale we were interested in as well as in and around Morgantown WV. 

I have moved many times. It’s always a PITA. Things get damaged or misplaced and packing is a pain, unpacking is just as bad. The temptation to just pack boxes and get rid of all the furniture is there, but my wife likes our furniture so…

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

My hometown is in the Southwest corner of PA, 50 miles south of Pittsburgh. That is the area where we found the 2 homes for sale we were interested in as well as in and around Morgantown WV. 

I have moved many times. It’s always a PITA. Things get damaged or misplaced and packing is a pain, unpacking is just as bad. The temptation to just pack boxes and get rid of all the furniture is there, but my wife likes our furniture so…

I know some folks who retired and got rid of all their old furniture and great quantities of personal stuff.  Their place reminded me of a very nice hotel suite.  Our place, that shabby leather chair is where I sat and read my kids stories.  The tooth marks on a dining chair are from a much loved and long gone Labrador, etc., etc.  No one else, including the kids will appreciate a lot of our junk, but it resonates with memories!

Now, we can reasonably state, he is officially so short his legs would dangle if he sat upon a tea leaf.

Imis  ( we are packing, dejunking too, in anticipation to moving back to single story living, just gotta find a house)

12 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

I know a happy ending is in sight, but this has to be like water torture! Drip, drip, drip...

Yes, especially when dealing with these idiots at this four letter word place...:D

I had a "non-essential" (person that "works" at Headquarters that spent the last 2 years hiding at home getting full salary) schedule a meeting with me on Friday afternoon so he could show he did something for the week next Monday. I refused  the meeting....I didn't click decline. I sent him an email refusing that meeting and any future afternoon meetings. I can't wait until he gets the email...

37 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yes, especially when dealing with these idiots at this four letter word place...:D

I had a "non-essential" (person that "works" at Headquarters that spent the last 2 years hiding at home getting full salary) schedule a meeting with me on Friday afternoon so he could show he did something for the week next Monday. I refused  the meeting....I didn't click decline. I sent him an email refusing that meeting and any future afternoon meetings. I can't wait until he gets the email...

It can be a lot of fun when you get short and work for rectal orifices!

Enjoy the opportunities.

Not at all what I expected for a Norton, Thanks.

8 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

image.thumb.png.45a770da48e82dc0ba79d0d52798abd3.pngDAYS

1958 Moto Guzzi Cardellino 85cc Motorcycle

So goofy looking that it’s Cool! 

Pat, best thing Calam and I did was escape from behind the Tofu Curtain.  Been 9 years now, should have done it years earlier. 

I truly fear Kalifornia won't last another 3 years.  It'll go "Detroit" almost overnight. 

32 minutes ago, Uno Mas SASS #80082 said:

It'll go "Detroit" almost overnight. 

Ah, Detroit!

The Mogadishu of the Great Lakes!:(

Once an affluent metropolis- one of the great cities of the United States and a world leader in innovation and industrial might.

Now?  As close to a failed state as you can get and stay on North America.

Archived