SASS Wire Forum

Neat idea, probably not SASS legal

Chantry

Me ‘n’ you, Forty!!  Me ‘n’ you!!!

I noticed a Roper revolving shotgun in the stack of stuff to watch.  I passed one up in 1976 at The Great Western Gun Show in City of Commerce, CA.  It was a complete 12 gauge with 12 cartridges, a 30" barrel, and a factory "compensator: with selective choke, much like a modern Cutt's or Poly Choke unit.  I was in better shape tha, the one in the video and the man was asking $300.00 for it.

I bought a 85% Merwin - Hulbert caliber 1873 Winchester (.44 WCF) instead and got a holster and belt with it for the same price.  The pistol was stolen some five or six yers later and I have nothing left but regrets.

29 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I noticed a Roper revolving shotgun in the stack of stuff to watch.  I passed one up in 1976 at The Great Western Gun Show in City of Commerce, CA.  It was a complete 12 gauge with 12 cartridges, a 30" barrel, and a factory "compensator: with selective choke, much like a modern Cutt's or Poly Choke unit.  I was in better shape tha, the one in the video and the man was asking $300.00 for it.

I bought a 85% Merwin - Hulbert caliber 1873 Winchester (.44 WCF) instead and got a holster and belt with it for the same price.  The pistol was stolen some five or six yers later and I have nothing left but regrets.

hmmmmm ...... almost semi-auto single shot .........

...... govt over/under this side of the fishin' hole would probably have a heart attack and die ........

( you should see the consternation caused by the re-emergence of the lever action shotguns)

can I please have one too B)

Archived