SASS Wire Forum

what if

Chicago kidd

I don’t know why people want to call this a war. In war there are casualties on both sides. This seems pretty one sided to me. We have no army, only triage. We are simply hiding under a rock hoping and waiting for this thing to pass by. 

Well, the view from  my seat on the corral fence is pretty depressing. Once we get past this insidious bug,

the next thing we have to look forward to  is the political folks coming out of the closet and the media's frothing 

will revert to pre bug status. 

55 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Sure a lot of defeatist talk here.  So few seem to have any hope.  Why?

No defeatist here. I’d go shoot tomorrow and go back to normal if the government would just lift all their sanctions. 

On 4/2/2020 at 2:21 PM, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

In the Small town  ( 3,708 ) Close to me we have had I Case of COVID 19  and she is Now fully recovered as Of March 31 2020.

She was tested positive on March 14 , none of her family members have Gotten it , Isolation in there Home seems to have worked ...

Jabez Cowboy 

Just think she had it and all the family members were isolated in close quarters with her and they never got it so how did isolation come into play now one else in the family got it. 

She was Isolated to one end of the House with her own Bath, BedRoom and Sitting Area ,,, The rest of the family on the other end of the House ..

They Prepared food , etc. and brought it to her Wearing Masks ...

I guess they did things Right ...

Jabez Cowboy 

2 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

She was Isolated to one end of the House with her own Bath, BedRoom and Sitting Area ,,, The rest of the family on the other end of the House ..

They Prepared food , etc. and brought it to her Wearing Masks ...

I guess they did things Right ...

Jabez Cowboy 

The thing you need to remember is not everyone gets the virus. Some of those that do never show any type of illness. AND it doesn’t kill everyone that gets it 

In truth and actuality,  a little common sense, which is the rarest of commodities these days, can and will defeat this or any other “pandemic” that we might face!!  

The “Spanish Flu” was NOT the last illness that swept the globe! Polio was as bad or worse and left us with people who have and did suffer from its ravages for the rest of their lives!!

Quarantines were mostly ineffective in both cases and have not truthfully proven to be any better here!  

While we “shelter in place”, this virus continues to spread and the different factions point fingers and blame political and business rivals and the media spreads “news” of gloom and failure and joins in the finger pointing and laying of blame!!  Few, if any, offer real solutions and the same old arguments of “How many is too many?” are propagated by many on the sidelines!!

In each case in the past, people have eventually decided to go on with their lives and the calamity ran its course. Vaccines and medicines to treat and counteract a virus or other biological threat were developed and we moved on.

My grandfather survived all of the “epidemics” that swept our world in the first half of the last century, making it through some of them uninflected. He always told me, “Hell! You gotta’ die of something!”

He lived to be 85 and literally died in the late ‘60s, of meanness!!  He just went to bed mad at the world and died three years later!!

I ain’t gonna hide under a rock! I’m going to practice common sense and do what I need to do to get through this and protect my family and friends and myself! I’ve got too much left to do!!

14 minutes ago, doc roy l. pain said:

The thing you need to remember is not everyone gets the virus. Some of those that do never show any type of illness. AND it doesn’t kill everyone that gets it 

But this doesn't fit the narrative.

Archived