SASS Wire Forum

My daughter’s schools are still open

The lack of actual testing in this country is staggering. If folks were getting testing regularly we could quarantine the infected individual and not be tanking our economy and schools. For the time being without comprehensive testing schools should all be closed to slow the spread.

2 minutes ago, Backward Billy said:

The lack of actual testing in this country is staggering. If folks were getting testing regularly we could quarantine the infected individual and not be tanking our economy and schools. For the time being without comprehensive testing schools should all be closed to slow the spread.

Yes. You can be infected before you show symptoms.

The incubation period is anywhere from 5 - 14 days, depending on which report you believe (and on individual people).  So a kid could be carrying the disease and infect EVERY SINGLE CHILD in your daughter's care, plus the adults, before they begin showing symptoms.  Once symptoms appear, it's too late.  

4 hours ago, Backward Billy said:

If we have to wait on the FDA to approve any testes we'll all be dead of old age.  I think the POTUS did a good thing with that, but it's still going to take a long time.

7 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

If we have to wait on the FDA to approve any testes we'll all be dead of old age.  I think the POTUS did a good thing with that, but it's still going to take a long time.

The 2.2 trillion emergency bailout is a farce. It'll buy some time but why we are not putting that money towards getting more testing for all citizens, firing up factories to build ventilators, and produce n95 masks is beyond me. This should be treated like a war time effort. Instead we're being paid to stay home and tank the economy. 

Import the test kits from France and send the FDA a love note to keep its head in its butt and stay out of the way.

The Chinese have to be held accountable for this in a big way!!

Cat Brules

34 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

The Chinese have to be held accountable for this in a big way!!

My proposed course of action is for the U.S. and every nation for which China owns debt (which accounts for a large percentage of our national debt) to declare it 100% null and void.  There, we're even, and we reduce our most serious threat to a third world country without firing a shot.

Y'all need to stay up on current events.  Suggest you watch the 1700 ET press conference President Trump and Vice President Pence gave today.

GM is manufacturing ventilators, Ford is doing the same.

The pharmaceutical giants donated collectively close to 10 Million doses of quinine on the chance it may help. 

Millions of test kits that give results in minutes vice days are being fielded.

A company has gotten approval to use their machines to sterilize N95 masks. Now they can be reused up to 20 times rather than be thrown away. There are about a dozen machines. Each machine can sterilize over 100,000 masks every 24 hours.

Companies are retasking their 3D printers to manufacture face shields, ventilator valves and a whole host of critical items our health care workers need. The necessary files are being freely shared to allow anyone to step up and assist.

Two USNS Hospital ships went from storage to fully operational in just a few days vice the weeks it was originally expected to take.

The USNS Mercy is docked in Los Angles. It is fully operational, accepting patients and performing surgical operations.

The USNS Comfort Docked in New York today. I am betting it'll be operational by COB tomorrow.

Thousands of Doctors, Nurses, and other health care professionals came out of retirement to fill the gaps. 

In New York City the Army Corps of Engineers built a 3000 bed hospital for non-Covid -19 patients in only 3 days, so that traditional hospitals can devote more resources to infected patients. Several more are in the works and will be operational in less than a week.

Listening to My President talk about how individuals and companies large and small have answered the call made me proud to be an American.:FlagAm:

12 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

My daughter owns two day schools.  Current policy is that no parent makes it past the security doors. All kids and teachers get their temperature taken before entering. Many parents are keeping their kids home anyway.

Our Gov. has closed all schools in Orygun and stopped all on line schools from operating. 

I’ve seen all that, thank you.  Who hasn’t?

CB

Archived