SASS Wire Forum

Another state on shutdown, Mass.

Yep.

I'm in the middle of a construction project, and the folks that are fabricating my stone counters called yesterday to tell me that they are being forced to shut down starting Tuesday at noon, pushing their work off for at least another 2 weeks.  Domino effect for other trades as well.  I don't like it, but I understand it.  It's already a ghost town around here, but I'd rather be inconvenienced than see this thing continue to spread; hope it works.

The exceptions are similar to most such orders; health care, food chain, pharmacies, utilities, other "necessary industries".

Man. I need a haircut; barber is now closed until mid-April.  Now where did I put those dog clippers?

And Marshal.....MA hasn't been known as "Taxachusetts" since the '90's.....we are now down to 19th in the country in total tax burden; in some respects, we are less taxed than our northern neighbors (whose real estate taxes are substantially higher).  See attached state-by-state ratings.  https://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-highest-lowest-tax-burden/20494/  

LL

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

It looks like Taxachusetts has a stay at home order effective,I think, midday Tuesday. I have no idea what the exceptions are.

The exceptions are whatever you, as a free citizen, decided them to be.

3 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

The exceptions are whatever you, as a free citizen, decided them to be.

Not if the place you wanna go to is closed! !

WA just went on shutdown too. Cannabis shops are considered essential so they are allowed to remain open. Gun stores are not. Please don't ask me to explain why because I can't.

EDIT: I'm guessing the Democrats think that being stoned and content is better than being alert and armed.

8 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Not if the place you wanna go to is closed! !

They are closed because of government intimidation? 

This was on the news here tonight. Note #6 on the okay list. :lol: 
Basically nothing has changed except now they’re saying “Or Else!” :P

Here’s what the Mecklenburg County Stay-At-Home order means, according to the City of Charlotte:

YOU CAN

1 Go to the grocery, convenience or warehouse store 

2 Go to the pharmacy to pick up medications and other healthcare necessities 

3 Visiting a health care professional for medical services that cannot be provided virtually (call first) 

4 Go to a restaurant for take-out, delivery or drive-thru 

5 Care for or support a friend or family member 

6 Take a walk, ride your bike, hike, jog and be in nature for exercise – just keep at least six feet between you and others 

7 Walk your pets and take them to veterinarian if necessary 

8 Help someone to get necessary supplies 

9 Receive deliveries from any business which delivers 

YOU SHOULD NOT

1 Go to work unless you are providing essential services as defined by this Order 

2 Visit friends and family if there is no urgent need 

3 Maintain less than 6 feet of distance from others when you go out 

4 Visit loved ones in the hospital, nursing home, skilled nursing facility or other residential care facility, except for limited exceptions as provided on the facility websites 

5Travel except for essential travel and activities

Oregun has gone on shut down,  limited travel, essential business's only open, take out food in some places will remain open. And my shop.

Archived