SASS Wire Forum

Pranking el Gato

Yul Lose

We have this calico cat that likes to take its naps on one of the bar stools in front of our kitchen counter. My son in law, who is three years older than me built this cat box on his 3D printer and then he painted it to look like a cats head and gave it to my wife as one of her Christmas presents. Tuesday morning as I was fixing to sit down at the end of the counter to take my regimen of pills, vitamins and supplements I noticed the sleeping cat on the middle bar stool and the cats head on the end of the counter. Being the inquisitive type I very quietly set the cat head box on the bar stool right in front of the cats face and sat down on the bar stool next to it to take my pills. Probably 30 seconds later the cat box came flying off of the bar stool and the cat came off of it like it had been shot from a cannon, bounced off of the wall and ran into the living room. Every hair on the cats body was standing on end and it’s tail was sticking straight up with every hair standing on end. I never dreamed it would have that affect on the cat but I found it quite humorous. I’ve tried a few times since then to elicit a similar reaction without success. Mrs Lose doesn’t think teasing the cat is a nice thing to do and calls it a character flaw.

0E5D58BE-7354-462A-B2C5-B0A811F5FA0C.jpeg

3C62EDFF-D724-403D-8222-1E7FB1E80FA5.jpeg

1 minute ago, Texas Red said:

Yul,

things must be kinda slow around the shop lately.............??

TR

I’ve been down with a cold and needed some entertainment.

The cat, un scared.

98C4A9F1-42E2-46BC-AC7D-C081AA2C79D5.jpeg

Yul,

Just don't get out of bed at night :ph34r: and place the cat box on your pillow next to Mrs. Yul, :o or you'll be sleeping on the bar stool! :lol:

12 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

We have this calico cat that likes to take its naps on one of the bar stools in front of our kitchen counter. My son in law, who is three years older than me built this cat box on his 3D printer and then he painted it to look like a cats head and gave it to my wife as one of her Christmas presents. Tuesday morning as I was fixing to sit down at the end of the counter to take my regimen of pills, vitamins and supplements I noticed the sleeping cat on the middle bar stool and the cats head on the end of the counter. Being the inquisitive type I very quietly set the cat head box on the bar stool right in front of the cats face and sat down on the bar stool next to it to take my pills. Probably 30 seconds later the cat box came flying off of the bar stool and the cat came off of it like it had been shot from a cannon, bounced off of the wall and ran into the living room. Every hair on the cats body was standing on end and it’s tail was sticking straight up with every hair standing on end. I never dreamed it would have that affect on the cat but I found it quite humorous. I’ve tried a few times since then to elicit a similar reaction without success. Mrs Lose doesn’t think teasing the cat is a nice thing to do and calls it a character flaw.

Quite honestly, that is one creepy looking cat head. I  would have probably reacted the same way.

It is humorous though. :lol:

On 1/2/2020 at 10:32 PM, Yul Lose said:

The cat, un scared.

98C4A9F1-42E2-46BC-AC7D-C081AA2C79D5.jpeg

I'd be very careful and start sleeping with one eye open.

That cat looks like it's watching for an opportunity for revenge.

On 1/2/2020 at 7:34 PM, Yul Lose said:

My wife had a 15" long ceramic turtle (she had a LOT of turtles) but it always sat up on the kitchen counter.  I took it down and set it on the hearth.  Guess it sounded like the dog's dish because she came around the corner on a run, screamed (Did you ever hear a beagle scream.  It's uncanny.) and headed for the back door. Missed the pet door and hit the frame and screamed again.

I had to go get her from the yard and carry her in and show it to her.  She didn't come near me for a week and my wife put the turtle back up out of reach so the dog wouldn't bust it when she decided it needed killing.

Archived