SASS Wire Forum

Attention Verizon Customers

JD Lud

Just a few things I learned when calling in as son just had to have a phone for Christmas....we gave in.  Maybe I have lived in a cave and you all already knew this....

Anyways...they no longer charge a 20 or so "access fee" for each line.  Thats a big deal, as the packages advertised now on their website unlimited plans include this.  Also, I was doing auto pay with a credit card and it seems recently they changed it...if you use a debit card or checking account you save 10 dollars...per line!  The military discount also is more on the newer plans because of the way it was applied.  Last but not least, add another line (sons) and drops another 10 bucks per line as we have four lines.  

So long story short, we added a line of service and did the buy one get one free Iphone11s (have to do payments to get free money can't just buy).  With the changes from the old plan to the new plan, adding a line, and the two new phones my bill is actually about 30 bucks LESS than it was before, that's including the 30 bucks a month for the phones. 

Anyways even if you don't add a line these changes might save you some coin.  

Cell phones are useless out here. Despite what the various companies’ coverage maps say, we are in a dead zone. I have a Samsung TrackPhone just in case I need a phone when I’m in town.

You can get a detailed coverage map here

Type 310 or 311 into the provider window to select the carrier.

Note that the map will initially be all blue as it starts out at 0 , 0 lat and long. Just keep zooming out till you see North America. Then double click to start zooming in on your location.

Click on the individual towers to see their coverage.  Note that many towers DO NOT have 360 degree coverage. the numbers in yello circles show how many providers are using that tower. Each provider may have different coverage areas.

I'm still in a blank zone!!!  :wub:

Nothing!!!   :angry:

Just a few things I learned when calling in as son just had to have a phone for Christmas....we gave in.  Maybe I have lived in a cave and you all already knew this....

Anyways...they no longer charge a 20 or so "access fee" for each line.  Thats a big deal, as the packages advertised now on their website unlimited plans include this.  Also, I was doing auto pay with a credit card and it seems recently they changed it...if you use a debit card or checking account you save 10 dollars...per line!  The military discount also is more on the newer plans because of the way it was applied.  Last but not least, add another line (sons) and drops another 10 bucks per line as we have four lines.  

So long story short, we added a line of service and did the buy one get one free Iphone11s (have to do payments to get free money can't just buy).  With the changes from the old plan to the new plan, adding a line, and the two new phones my bill is actually about 30 bucks LESS than it was before, that's including the 30 bucks a month for the phones. 

Anyways even if you don't add a line these changes might save you some coin.  

Good information thank you. Also you can pay off phones early.

Be careful paying off early if you did a buy one get one free.  They told me to get the full credit from the free one I had to let it run the length.  When they do this promotion they charge you for both phones every month, but then they give you a credit right back.  She said if paid off had to pay both....perhaps she was wrong or mistaken but I left them alone. 

Archived