SASS Wire Forum

More questions:

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

I've been watching a series that I found on Netflix called History's Greatest Hoaxes.

Hitler's diaries, alien autopsy, etc.  But he ones that fascinate me most are those that are so long lasting and usually the most controversial.  Two examples:

The Loc Ness monster and flying saucers.

Both have avid supporters and equally avid denouncers.  Raging fanatics and often screwball true believers on one side and angry self-convinced and usually supercilious, pompous "experts" on the other.

There is no proof that either of these subjects exist.  NONE!

On the other hand, there is no proof that either of these subject does not exist.  NONE!  

Your feelings on these types of discussions? 

The Federal government has now admitted that there are Unidentified Flying Objects that cannot be explained. Just sayin'

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

There is no proof that either of these subjects exist.  NONE!

On the other hand, there is no proof that either of these subject does not exist.  NONE!  

How would one "prove" to your satisfaction that the subject did not exist?  

2 hours ago, Bart Slade said:

How would one "prove" to your satisfaction that the subject did not exist?  

Hard to prove a negative. ;)

While there are documented hoaxes of both UFOs and Loch monsters they do not disprove the existence of the phenomena.

I have no proof of aliens. I do believe they are out there. Be a damn shame if we were “it” for life in the Universe.

Loc Ness monster? Who knows? It never intrigued me much.

On 8/22/2019 at 3:18 PM, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

I think they’re misusing the term “hoax”, which is a deliberate act to deceive. 

A few Loch Ness or flying saucer photos might have been faked, but the phenomena might be quite real. 

No question, but there is no verifiable proof either way, regardless of the scar next to Aunt Tillie's belly button.

Drain the loch and we will see what is in it.  Oceanographers often say that we known very little of what is in the waters.

As for the alien thing, maybe put sensing and sending devices on satellites.  

I vaguely remember reading an SF story a number of years ago that hypothesized the reactions of aliens who encountered the Voyager space probe and reacted in their own way to it. 

IIRC, one group of planetary life forms headed to earth to help it recover from its infestation of parasites, a species of sentient machines headed to earth to free their under-developed machine brethren from slavery imposed by biological masters, and one headed to earth because they thought the description of humans was actually a menu . . . .

Nessie? Sasquatch? Aliens? It’s an interesting philosophical ‘tree-in-the-forest’ dilemma — does ANYTHING actually exist until it is discovered?

If you look up UFOs over Dayton Ohio or Wright Patterson Air Force Base you will find a few interesting videos of objects in the sky but none sent shivers down my spine like the video of this thing:

0D30A9F3-EF17-4649-830B-4ADAB7E115F7.jpeg.ee179c119c3574e996a5f22fc80fe9a7.jpeg

There are quite a few others but this thing isn’t a disk or a sphere or a cigar shaped object.

The funny thing is the video had just been released and the media, not the Air Force nor any AF Spokesman, was downplaying it adamantly. 

There is video in this news link. It’s hard to find the original video. All this that I can find have some moron in the background narrating. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3614522/Couple-capture-footage-UFO-close-military-base-Ohio.html

Archived