SASS Wire Forum

Shhhh...

Three Foot Johnson

1 minute ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Been my experience that cows can tell the difference. ;)

They can if it's energized.  Not so sure 'bout horses, though....  :rolleyes:

They've been zapped by other stretches of electric fence across the place, and quit broadjumping the cattleguard when I put the strap across it this spring, but UPS, FedEx, and some recreational users are skeered of getting shocked. ;)

28 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

some recreational users

Sign ssys NO PUBLIC ACCESS. So what would recreational users be doing there?

From that point down the mountain, it's a private road that I've granted a public easement to. From that point up, it's private, period. They need to contact me for recreational access permission to ride their horses, hike, hunt, etc. Oh, "the public" still drives all the way up "to see where the road goes", then turn around in front of my garage and drive back down. I'm thinking of putting a barbed wire fence up the right side of the road and a locked gate at the top so they can't turn around, then watch and see how well they can drive in reverse. :lol:

Someone will eventually back into the fence and push it over enough so that they can turn around. Then you will have to repair it at your expense or get in a court action to have them pay for repairs. 

It would be fun to see a video of them trying to back up a few miles.

Not a big deal - on clear, level stretches, such as along the road, I've built half a mile of 4 wire fence in two days by myself, including pounding the steel posts, digging six postholes for corner posts & braces, and tamping them in. Of course, I was fifteen years younger then...

Likely just have to put in a new post or two, pull the wires back together, splice 'em, and tie 'em back up.

22 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Apparently there are some that can read! :o

DjSr2dDV4AAR05M.thumb.jpg.91620b78ba15692bc37819d7aff2f064.jpg

That's all right.  The sign is on the other side where they can't read it till after they break out.  Just gotta be careful when you're bringing the cows in on a trailer for the first time. 

Archived