SASS Wire Forum

Flashlight

Alpo

I'm looking for what is apparently an extremely rare item. I want a flashlight that just produces light.

I was looking at one that has a firefly setting of 0.17 lumens, a low setting of 17 lumens, a high setting of 170 lumens, and a strobe setting.

I don't need all that crap. All I need is something that produces light.

I've got one light that is a whole 13 lumens. I need something stronger. I have another light that is 1000 lumens. That's wonderful except it has three modes. Push the button, get a thousand lumens. Push the button again - 500 lumens. Push the button again and now it's a strobe.

I turn the light on, I finish seeing what I want to see, I want to turn the light off - I got to push the button three times. What ever happened to on and off? Why does a simple flashlight need four light modes?

What I would like is a single AAA flashlight. Push the button light comes on. Push the button light goes off. Small. Smaller than a pen. Does such a thing exists? Relatively inexpensively? Like 20 bucks or less?

I had actually forgotten about Maglite. :(

That's a not-bad suggestion. I'd like a little more power, though. It's 47 lumens, which is quite a bit brighter than the 13 of the one I'm using, but I'd like to have closer to 100.

Alpo, 

The one on the right I found at an Auto Parts Store on the counter display. Functions On/ Off with a push of the button at the back end. I suspect you could adjust the beam by twisting the collar at the lense end, but why bother? It takes one AAA battery and I have several strategically placed around the house for blackouts.

The green one on the left is from Coleman, don’t know where I picked it up. I probably got it at a camping supply store. Slide switch turns it On/Off and a small clip on the back holds it in your pocket if needed. It takes two AAA batteries and lasts a little longer.

C6DBA590-7EF5-477A-995E-3195E9B0900B.jpeg

Chase, that's nice. It has modes, but if I'm reading it right, I can program it, so I can have it come on in low all the time, or in high all the time, and not have to cycle through it each time. :)

I have used one of these for years. I gave mine to my Grandson so I am buying another.

This one takes 1 - AAA battery. This is the one I carried. I turned it on and off by twisting the switch cover. It also has a pushbutton on the rear.

https://www.niteize.com/product/INOVA-XS-LED-Flashlight.asp

Howdy,

The Streamlight folks make a simple one setting AAA light.

They make a one battery and a two battery model.

No programs.

Microstream is on mine.

About 20 with shipping. Might consider getting 2.

Best

CR

Archived