SASS Wire Forum

Ohio Area Pards.........Plan Ahead!

Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329

I've already booked a room for this and OVV in July!! I already have a room booked in October for Tusco, booked it last year!!

Let the shooting begin!!!:D

Got a Henry shot at 400 yards???

Looks good - I'll make a drive up there for it!

Keep your powder dry,

Wild Ben

16 hours ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Just posted on FB yesterday:

image.png.db12bac9938ff9903e99ad8880df12eb.png

I'm In!

--Dawg

The registration form is not up yet, right?? Or am I missing it somehow???

I did not see it on http://www.ourcowboys.org/index.html

But its real early right now

--Dawg

I was only halfway kidding about the long Henry shot, but still. . . . would be kind of fun!

Dawg, do they have any spots for camping?  Tent - not RV.  Didn't see anything on the web yet; like you said, it's early.

Keep your powder dry,

Wild Ben

Yes you can tent camp, I’ve done it a few times in the past. No electric as far as I know.

Sorry for not having the registration out there yet. Everything was just turned over to us within the past week so Sassy and I are scrambling like newbees. We will be meeting with Woody in the next few weeks to nail down all the logistics for the three day registration so hopefully we can get it out there ASAP. All of us are planning to make this an incredible shoot and how can you not with lines and scenarios  from Lonesome Dove. Got my blood pumping and trigger finger itching just thinking about it now.  Hope to see you all there and Bubba, Sassy and I are going to try our best to get down your way this year for your three day. Thanks all!!

Bubba,

You really need to drag your bag of buttons to Sandusky.  Totally FUN.  I mean hey .... You get to watch me and Dawg shootin Snubbie Cap Guns Gunfighter.  How much better could it get you Betcha!! 

2 hours ago, Wild Ben VanDorn said:

I was only halfway kidding about the long Henry shot, but still. . . . would be kind of fun!

Dawg, do they have any spots for camping?  Tent - not RV.  Didn't see anything on the web yet; like you said, it's early.

Keep your powder dry,

Wild Ben

RVs generally stay in the parking areas, but they do have some grassy areas down by the long range area where one can stay quite comfortably.

Porta jons just a short walk away.  No water or electricity

58 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Bubba,

You really need to drag your bag of buttons to Sandusky.  Totally FUN.  I mean hey .... You get to watch me and Dawg shootin Snubbie Cap Guns Gunfighter.  How much better could it get you Betcha!! 

Really helps that it is in September this year for me. Well yeah.. watching you and Dawg is always a pleasure!

1 hour ago, Badfinger & Sassy said:

Sorry for not having the registration out there yet. Everything was just turned over to us within the past week so Sassy and I are scrambling like newbees. We will be meeting with Woody in the next few weeks to nail down all the logistics for the three day registration so hopefully we can get it out there ASAP. All of us are planning to make this an incredible shoot and how can you not with lines and scenarios  from Lonesome Dove. Got my blood pumping and trigger finger itching just thinking about it now.  Hope to see you all there and Bubba, Sassy and I are going to try our best to get down your way this year for your three day. Thanks all!!

Sounds good! If I can make it to Sandusky I will probably setup as a vendor as well... if you'll have me that is...

Howdy Pards,

We put that post on Facebook just to let everyone one know what our theme for this year's annual match is going to be.  Really glad to see so many people are excited about it!

As mentioned by our match director, we do not have the registration form online yet.

We can't accommodate a 400 yard Henry shot, but I think we can manage a 100 yard-er, which is harder with a match rifle than you would think.  I think we have a saddle lying around and we can shoot from behind it.  The starting line would be:  "That is ee-NUFF!"

Catlow, you know we don't rent pigs.

We did a 250yrd. shoot years ago using a saddle for a rest and it's harder that it looked in the movie . it would be fun to do it again .

Woodfox

Archived