SASS Wire Forum

If you're thinking of 1851's...

Three Foot Johnson

Wholesale Hunter currently has .36 cal Uberti steel frame/brass grip frame/oval trigger guard 1851's @ $265.97 + shipping (20 left), and Pietta's version @ $257.04 with free shipping on the Pietta's (56 left). :)

Shipping for my pair of Uberti's was $13 and change for the pair. :)

Cabela's should be starting their annual fall blackpowder sale soon too...

1851's.jpg

I have a pair of .44 '51 Confederate Navies, don't think I paid that much for both of them (yeah, it's been awhile). I do believe they have the sweetest "feel" of any gun I've had in my hand. :wub:

JHC

I won one of them ".44 '51 Confederate Navies" once.  Immediately turned to my son, said "Here ya go," and handed it to him.

Made us both happy, I reckon.  Had it been a .36 I'd-a kept it.  ;)

I've had brass framed C&B's before, and ya gotta be careful with them. I've got three Griswold & Gunnison repros, and one of them had a rather loose arbor from either full loads or improper disassembly. Some super-duper two part adhesive called Belzona E-Metal took care of that problem, and it's worked fine ever since. :)
I shoot minimum loads in them though. ;)

I love my 44 Pietta Colt 51s.

They have become two of my favorite Cap Guns .

Bought them new .

Sent them to Mike too get Goonerized .

I Custom fitted some Faux Ivory Grips .

Installed some Sliks shot nipples and fell in love again .

Just Sayin  

Rooster

IMG_20180430_202557_933.jpg

2 hours ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

I love my 44 Pietta Colt 51s.

They have become two of my favorite Cap Guns .

Bought them new .

Sent them to Mike too get Goonerized .

I Custom fitted some Faux Ivory Grips .

Installed some Sliks shot nipples and fell in love again .

Just Sayin  

Rooster

IMG_20180430_202557_933.jpg

I love mine too. 

Mine are even farther away from reality because they have "sheriff" length barrels. I also have Howell conversion cylinders for them. Love running .45 Colts in them with black powder. 

The deal from Wholesale Hunter is great. May just have to pick one up.

8 hours ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

I've had brass framed C&B's before, and ya gotta be careful with them. I've got three Griswold & Gunnison repros, and one of them had a rather loose arbor from either full loads or improper disassembly. Some super-duper two part adhesive called Belzona E-Metal took care of that problem, and it's worked fine ever since. :)
I shoot minimum loads in them though. ;)

Someone say Griswold and Gunnison?

IMG_0890.JPG

Two of mine are branded High Standard and one Navy Arms. High Standard only commissioned 2100 of them, between '74 and '76, so they're a bit uncommon. No boxes for mine though. :(

4 minutes ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

Two of mine are branded High Standard and one Navy Arms. High Standard only commissioned 2100 of them, between '74 and '76, so they're a bit uncommon. No boxes for mine though. :(

I got mine at an auction Ser# 00336. The whole series of Confederate pistols was at the auction but they decided to break them up and not sell in one bunch. I probably would not have had this otherwise. All of the pistols were the same serial number.

Archived