SASS Wire Forum

WTC Round 9 on the carrier

Wyatt Hurts SASS#72737

Ok, I am sure this has been asked and answered MANY times but the Winter has my mind less than sure. Shooter shoots the rifle as his 1st gun fires 9 rounds leaves 1 round on the carrier, lever open and goes to his second gun but does NOT touch it, RO yells "1 more" and the shooter goes back to his rifle, picks up the rifle shoots the 10th round and then proceeds to finish the stage properly.

So is there a minor safety for setting the rifle down with the 10th round on the carrier or is it a no call?

Wyatt Hurts

No call.  After our last thread on this the question still remained; what if the rifle had been set down with the action closed and a round in the chamber.  Still a no call if the shooter came back and shot it?  My understanding was that they could not come back once the loaded rifle left their hand.  A TO's nightmare if you ask me.

15 minutes ago, Kirk James said:

No call.  After our last thread on this the question still remained; what if the rifle had been set down with the action closed and a round in the chamber.  Still a no call if the shooter came back and shot it?  My understanding was that they could not come back once the loaded rifle left their hand.  A TO's nightmare if you ask me.

Minor Safety Violation (MSV) infractions

Leaving empty or live round(s) in a magazine or carrier of the long gun in which

it was loaded

with the clarification that it could be corrected up to the point the next firearm was fired

In this case no call

if the rifle had been set down with the action closed and a round in the chamber

they could not come back once the loaded rifle left their hand

Shooters hand book pg 22

A live round left in the chamber of a long gun  STAGE DISQUALIFICATION PENALTY (SDQ)

penalty is assessed once the firearm leaves the shooters control

pretty sure that is how PWB explained it but if I am misunderstanding someone will correct me

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Actually if you lay it down with the barrel pointed slightly down on the way to the restaging surface and the live round slides into the chamber it is a SDQ as soon as it leaves the shooters hand, it doesn't matter whether the action is closed or not.

Randy

17 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Minor Safety Violation (MSV) infractions

Leaving empty or live round(s) in a magazine or carrier of the long gun in which

it was loaded

with the clarification that it could be corrected up to the point the next firearm was fired

In this case no call

if the rifle had been set down with the action closed and a round in the chamber

they could not come back once the loaded rifle left their hand

Shooters hand book pg 22

A live round left in the chamber of a long gun  STAGE DISQUALIFICATION PENALTY (SDQ)

penalty is assessed once the firearm leaves the shooters control

pretty sure that is how PWB explained it but if I am misunderstanding someone will correct me

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I agree totally.....Here's a twist.....Shooter puts rifle down and starts to move. Hands are completely off the rifle......TO says one more and looks at the carrier. He/She sees that part of the round is IN the chamber. We'll say half of the actual lead bullet. 

Now what is your call?

Stan

PS. Didn't see Randy's post......lol

1 minute ago, Santa Fe River Stan,36999L said:

I agree totally.....Here's a twist.....Shooter puts rifle down and starts to move. Hands are completely off the rifle......TO says one more and looks at the carrier. He/She sees that part of the round is IN the chamber. We'll say half of the actual lead bullet. 

Now what is your call?

Stan

SDQ

Archived