SASS Wire Forum

Go To Church Heeled

Wolfgang, SASS #53480

Every week since I turned 21, whether I was deployed with an M16 or at home with a pistol.  The only exceptions have been when I was a law dawg and worked weekends, but every time I've been to church I've had a gun.

In fact, all our security team is discreetly armed; no one knows but us (the security team) and the pastor / elders.  

Our church discussed it and no one has an issue. I only know of two people that carry there. I personally don't carry a gun anywhere but to the woods huntin'.

On a gun/church related note, I killed a buck Sunday week ago, had it gutted, skinned, quartered and in the cooler, and still manage to get a shower in and was only late by 10 minutes. They were still singin' hymns.

31 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Our church discussed it and no one has an issue. I only know of two people that carry there. I personally don't carry a gun anywhere but to the woods huntin'.

On a gun/church related note, I killed a buck Sunday week ago, had it gutted, skinned, quartered and in the cooler, and still manage to get a shower in and was only late by 10 minutes. They were still singin' hymns.

"Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves.  We shall come rejoicing.....Bringing in the sheaves".

..........Widder

36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. 37 It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’[a]; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”

38 The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.”

“That’s enough!” he replied.   Luke 22:36-38

I read that as Jesus is all for arming a percentage of his congregation:).

On 11/14/2017 at 2:10 PM, Ramblin Gambler said:

On the one hand, I read it as Jesus telling me I have too many guns.  Then I remember that he said swords, and I only got 2 of those.  So I'm golden. 

Dang, I've only got one (4 ft. Claymore broadsword)! Always wanted a samurai, may be a good excuse. ;)

JHC

1 hour ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Dang, I've only got one (4 ft. Claymore broadsword)! Always wanted a samurai, may be a good excuse. ;)

JHC

Seems like a good enough excuse to get me a longsword or an arming sword and buckler. Been wanting to try some of that historical European martial arts stuff anyways. Legal to carry that in Texas now too.

21 hours ago, Dorado said:

Seems like a good enough excuse to get me a longsword or an arming sword and buckler. Been wanting to try some of that historical European martial arts stuff anyways. Legal to carry that in Texas now too.

Be careful.  If you start learning how to actually use them, you won't be stopping at just one sword. 

i think it is well to read Jeanne Assam "God, The Gunman and Me".    designated, trained security guard(s) might be "the way to go".   the Old Sage teaches: Too many cooks spoil the broth".    this warrants some thought,  it least "IMHO";

7 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Be careful.  If you start learning how to actually use them, you won't be stopping at just one sword. 

Oh, I know! I know for a fact that I want 5 at least. Got an idea for a neat display. Being able to use it would be a perk. 

Archived