SASS Wire Forum

New Buckaroo rig.

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

My son Speed and I paid Doc Noper a visit at his shop. Speed was needing some new leather for his brand new Birdshead Vaqueros in .357. He picked out the color, tooling, stitching, edge color and holster cant. Doc made him exactly what he wanted and he could not be happier. He will be shooting them at Guns of August next week. Pretty lucky little 7 year old I think LOL.

4DAAFCA7-22B6-4466-BC60-0E3B3CD1605D_zps

10 minutes ago, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

My son Speed and I paid Doc Noper a visit at his shop. Speed was needing some new leather for his brand new Birdshead Vaqueros in .357. He picked out the color, tooling, stitching, edge color and holster cant. Doc made him exactly what he wanted and he could not be happier. He will be shooting them at Guns of August next week. Pretty lucky little 7 year old I think LOL.

{picture removed ONLY to conserve space}

Deuce:

You almost had me there for a minute with your THREAD title, I thought you were going to give some of us slower shooters a chance to win, by moving to the Buckaroo Category.  59822af4429dd_YoungCowboy-RESIZEDSmaller.jpg.69c199287f17c1906f156964d2950317.jpg

Thinking back on my childhood, CAS wasn't there when I was 7 years old, but my Dad did get me involved in sports that he did such as Tennis and Bowling. Your son should be proud of you for being a great Dad, and not just for getting him a new rig (assuming his allowance can handle it).

Great looking rig, and when I had mine made by Halfbreed Don at his shop, Classic Leather Works in Altoona, Florida, I was able to pick out the color, stitching, etc., obviously based on Don's experience and suggestions.

Let us know how he likes it when he shoots, and be sure to post a pic for us to see.

2 hours ago, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

4DAAFCA7-22B6-4466-BC60-0E3B3CD1605D_zps

Way way cool. And nice leather!

Archived