SASS Wire Forum

2018 Nebraska State Championship

StirrupTrouble

On a side note.., sign up as a "Classic" and be entered into the Classic Cowboy Showdown! This is going on in conjunction with the Nebraska State Match... See a separate post by that name for more info! 

13 classics signed up currently from seven different states!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have updated the Who's Coming list with the latest batch of entries. Thanks again to everyone that signed up. We are currently at 103 shooters from 13 states, and the limit is 125 shooters. Cutoff date for entries is March 1 as a reminder

https://www.plattevalleygunslingers.com/2018-nebraska-state-championship-whos-coming/

6 hours ago, StirrupTrouble said:

We have updated the Who's Coming list with the latest batch of entries. Thanks again to everyone that signed up. We are currently at 103 shooters from 13 states, and the limit is 125 shooters. Cutoff date for entries is March 1 as a reminder

https://www.plattevalleygunslingers.com/2018-nebraska-state-championship-whos-coming/

103... Well done pard, that is an amazing turn out!  I hope you hit your 125.

This match is your chance to get "two for one!" The great folks over at the Fort Des Moines Rangers club has donated TWO free entries for their state shoot! So, if you are the lucky ones who gets their name drawn at the banquet, for the price of one entry, you might get into two state championship matches. The deadline will be here quicker than we know it, and we would like to thank everyone that has signed up so far

9 hours ago, StirrupTrouble said:

This match is your chance to get "two for one!" The great folks over at the Fort Des Moines Rangers club has donated TWO free entries for their state shoot! So, if you are the lucky ones who gets their name drawn at the banquet, for the price of one entry, you might get into two state championship matches. The deadline will be here quicker than we know it, and we would like to thank everyone that has signed up so far

Sweet!  I always wanted to shoot there!

22 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Sweet!  I always wanted to shoot there!

That one is a fun match too

21 hours ago, StirrupTrouble said:

Awesome!! ask to be on my posse at Iowa State and i'll put on a clinic for slow and methodical shooting.   

3 minutes ago, Chili Pepper Kid, SASS #60463 said:

Awesome!! ask to be on my posse at Iowa State and i'll put on a clinic for slow and methodical shooting.   

You forgot fun and lots of smiles!

I am working on processing the latest batch of entries. We are pleased to announce that we now have 110 registered shooters for the match. If you have been on the fence about coming, there are only 15 slots left. The cutoff for this first year is March 1 or 125 shooters, whichever comes first. Thanks again for coming

35 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Sure are getting closer to that sale out!

Yup, no doubt in my mind it will sell out.  Major, you and I both know first hand what a great match ol' Stirrup puts on, and it looks like the secret got out!

Now that we are getting close to the entry cutoff and are finalizing things such as posse assignments and shooter packs, if you have not received an email confirmation from me, please contact me right away so we can track down if there is an issue. The last thing we want is for you to show up and not have a posse assignment or name tag for you. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Grizzly Dave said:

I'm sitting here watching the snow fall dreaming of spring and the fun we will have at this wonderful match.

Is it time to shoot yet?

Not yet, but if you wanna come on over we can get together and throw snowballs at ole Stirrup.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Not yet, but if you wanna come on over we can get together and throw snowballs at ole Stirrup.:ph34r:

Hey, now....I just spent my evening working on packing shooter packs for all the registered shooters so far :)

Just now, StirrupTrouble said:

Hey, now....I just spent my evening working on packing shooter packs for all the registered shooters so far :)

Oh no worries.....  .....

...... We can wait till your done with that at least.

For those that are coming in early for the state championship, I spoke today with my Hornady contacts. We do not have a formal tour set up like we did for the Hero, as they do not have the staff available for Friday tours any more (and with less production on Fridays it isn't as interesting). But, if anyone would like a tour of the factory to see their equipment and how they make their bullets and ammo, as well as the equipment, they would be happy to offer a tour of the facility if you are coming in before Friday. To arrange a day/time when it works for both of you, please call Hornady at

800-338-3220 or 308-382-1390

Ask for Danielle, and tell her that David with the Platte Valley Gunslingers told you to call.

The tour is well worth your time if you get into town early

44 minutes ago, Grizzly Dave said:

Stirrup -

Is that plant primarily ammo or do they make their reloading equipment there as well?

Do they have a factory store?

They do sell products as well. The main plant by the park where they offer tours making bullets and loads ammo. The tooling plant is over in Alda. They do some assembly at the main plant, but the tooling is all made at an off campus plant

Counting some entries that went in the mail today, it looks like we are down to less than 10 slots remaining for this year. Thanks again for coming

Any more daring to join in the Classic Cowboy Showdown?

We have hit 118 shooters, and I know of at least five more that are in the mail, so there are only a few slots left before we hit the cutoff. Once we hit the cutoff, I will only be able to accept the entries that are already in the mail. If you are thinking about coming, please get your entries in soon. I don't want to have to turn anyone away, but we want to keep the first year manageable to avoid as many hiccups as possible. Thanks to those that are coming, and we look forward to showing you a good time

21 minutes ago, KC Colt, SASS #69404 said:

I talked to my buddy Slim at a shoot today and I am interested in attending this shoot.  I can drop my application in the mail on Monday if there are spots still available.

Be glad to have you. Only a couple of spots left, but since you asked, I will make room for you! Thanks!

If you are wanting to get in, I would recommend getting entries in right away. Based on pace of entries here at the end I would say that anything sent after Tuesday might not make it in. I wish we could let everyone in, but with it being our first year, we want to make sure we have the resources to put on a good match for you, and maybe grow a little each year

15 hours ago, KC Colt, SASS #69404 said:

I talked to my buddy Slim at a shoot today and I am interested in attending this shoot.  I can drop my application in the mail on Monday if there are spots still available.

KC, I tried to send you a PM but it said you could not receive any. Do you know what category you are signing up for? We are trying to finalize the last awards order this week. Thanks. I don't want to short anyone

Based on some phone calls and emails received this weekend for shooters wanting to come to the State Championship, we are happy to say, but sad to say, that we are now sold out of entries. Hopefully things run well enough to allow us to expand entries in 2019. If your entries are in the mail now, or going in the mail by Tuesday, they will be honored and you will be in. All we ask is you contact us and give us your alias and category so we can finalize the last awards order. Thank you.

we-are-sold-out_2048x.jpg

Congratulations Trouble!!!  You and your people have worked hard for this and I wish you all my best.  Just wish could have joined you,    GW

4 minutes ago, G W Wade said:

Congratulations Trouble!!!  You and your people have worked hard for this and I wish you all my best.  Just wish could have joined you,    GW

Thank you! Looking forward to seeing you on the trail again

Archived