SASS Wire Forum

Family reunion in Germany

Ausgezeichnet! B)

Did you go see the U Boat... U-995 at Laboe, Kiel, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany?  It's a Type VIIC/41 naval museum piece.  The sub has been maintained in immaculate condition.

Well... look Marshal Dan... this is no criticism.  But yore pic in the frame-shot in the post... is a hell-of-a-lot thinner than yore avatar pic  That's what I want... to like a great big, fat-butt in my avatar pic.  Not.

You may want to change publicists. 

ts

Now that I'm using a computer and not a cell phone:

Welcome back, my friend!  I always looked forward to your posts and comments.  You added a richness to the stew here, something I can't define, but missed.

Barmann! Geben Sie dem Herrn einen doppelten was er trinkt!

(now hoping that the translation site gave me what I wanted and not something like "Barkeep!  Give the lout the boot out! :lol:)

10 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Now that I'm using a computer and not a cell phone:

Welcome back, my friend!  I always looked forward to your posts and comments.  You added a richness to the stew here, something I can't define, but missed.

Barmann! Geben Sie dem Herrn einen doppelten was er trinkt!

(now hoping that the translation site gave me what I wanted and not something like "Barkeep!  Give the lout the boot out! :lol:)

Not bad. More like

Barmann! Geben sie dem mann einen  doppelten, was fur er trinkt.

11 hours ago, Tennessee Stud said:

Did you go see the U Boat... U-995 at Laboe, Kiel, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany?  It's a Type VIIC/41 naval museum piece.  The sub has been maintained in immaculate condition.

Well... look Marshal Dan... this is no criticism.  But yore pic in the frame-shot in the post... is a hell-of-a-lot thinner than yore avatar pic  That's what I want... to like a great big, fat-butt in my avatar pic.  Not.

You may want to change publicists. 

ts

Actually I saw the U-Boat years before, including the area were they were kept hidden in their dens. The den is now an area were logs are kept and stored for mills. The sub is kept in better condition then the U-505 in Chicago.

Looking at the frame shot, I thought I looked fat.

Good to see and always read your post TS.   MT

I suppose you've already seen Neuschwanstein Castle and the castle at Eibsee (Bavaria). Tourist destinations and along time since I saw them, but I remember them as spectacular.

Archived