SASS Wire Forum

What happened today?

Dorado

Infection I came down with after some work to remove a chronic callus.  Ended up with an incision that we thought had healed. Then three weeks later I found blood in my sock and had another visit with the doctor that resulted in an open wound.

We'd been treating it for a couple of weeks when it became infected and they had to remove a large area on the sole of my foot that looks like a shark took a bite out of it right behind my little toe.  Along with that, I spent a week in the hospital receiving IV antibiotics and gallons of fluids! Two weeks since the surgery and six or more without putting any weight on my foot!!  I'm weak as a baby rabbit and have little energy and no stamina!!  It's slowly returning, but I'm angry and frustrated because I don't sit around and do nothing very well!!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll send you a picture, Cali!!  ;) :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:20 PM, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Oh no, Loophole,

I really share your pain. He looks so sweet and beautiful.

I am still struggling. I've heard they leave a whole in your heart. I like the term "paw prints on your heart" better.

Take care,

Allie

Thank you, Ms. Mo.

I just can't bring myself to talk about this.  Easter will never be the same.

LL

On 4/18/2017 at 0:25 PM, Calico Mary said:

he tried ta kick Schoolmarm in tha rear and she made him pay......:lol::lol:

She must be on that Buns of Steel exercise program

18 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Infection I came down with after some work to remove a chronic callus.  Ended up with an incision that we thought had healed. Then three weeks later I found blood in my sock and had another visit with the doctor that resulted in an open wound.

We'd been treating it for a couple of weeks when it became infected and they had to remove a large area on the sole of my foot that looks like a shark took a bite out of it right behind my little toe.  Along with that, I spent a week in the hospital receiving IV antibiotics and gallons of fluids! Two weeks since the surgery and six or more without putting any weight on my foot!!  I'm weak as a baby rabbit and have little energy and no stamina!!  It's slowly returning, but I'm angry and frustrated because I don't sit around and do nothing very well!!

I had a chronic wound on my foot. Not that bad though. Took a bit of oxygen therapy to get it to heal. Still have a scar and have to cut excess tissue away from time to time but it's alright now.

Maybe you shouldn't have kicked Schoolmarm. That or she really needs to start cleaning her backside better....:ph34r:

18 hours ago, Calico Mary said:

I like my explanation better.....:rolleyes:

When people ask about my foot I usually say that it involved a Telephone pole and a panda bear and leave it at that.

I got my garage door fixed yesterday. Broken spring and the seal was replaced in about 15 minutes. Glad I didn't have to do anything.

Oh but I did have a strange encounter! As I walked out my front door I turned to go down my sidewalk. As I cleared the porch something almost hit me in the head. I looked down to see a roadrunner landing next to me. I watched as he ran off across my yard.

Funny birds. I love watching them. Had one make a nest in my backyard a few years ago. Dogs wouldn't go near it.

Nope, they seem to like my house. I'll get them every couple of years or so. The last one was so used to me that it wouldn't run away if I went out in the backyard.

Yesterday, Kylie, my 2 year old granddaughter, was walkin around the house with her cell phone and takin pictures. She must have taken a dozen or more. Of course they were random shots of the floor, etc.

I'm still here!!  The Bopper brought home his progress report from school.  A 97 and three 100s!!  Proud grandpa right now!!

I sent in my entry for a great shoot up in Tulsa, Ok in June. I'm really looking forward to it. It was so much fun last year and I'm sure it'll be better this year. I can't wait. Gonna take my truck camper with me and get to sleep in comfort and not have to worry about rain and leaky tents again.

I ran a 5K trail race today. Well, ran/walked, really. I didn't finish as well as I'd like and I'm definitely out of shape, but I still managed to place 6th out of 15 in my age group and in the top half overall. Now to keep working at improving.

Well, I returned from a trip to Florida in the wee hours of the morning.  Helped Uno get settled in for a new adventure he's starting there.  The plan is for me to join him eventually but we will have to see how things go here first.  I have a lot to do before that happens.

Pretty dresses, CM.

On 4/22/2017 at 5:23 AM, Dorado said:

I sent in my entry for a great shoot up in Tulsa, Ok in June. I'm really looking forward to it. It was so much fun last year and I'm sure it'll be better this year. I can't wait. Gonna take my truck camper with me and get to sleep in comfort and not have to worry about rain and leaky tents again.

Sounds fun! Uncle might send his entry too and I might accompany him. He got Wrangler JK we are waiting for the Smittybilt stuff to install. Truck bed with a camper is definitely more comfortable.

8 hours ago, beacon said:

Sounds fun! Uncle might send his entry too and I might accompany him. He got Wrangler JK we are waiting for the Smittybilt stuff to install. Truck bed with a camper is definitely more comfortable.

I had a blast last year. Had free roaming buffalo next to camp, deer everywhere. We had to stop shooting while someone chased the deer off of the range. Great museum and great people. Not to mention that it's in a beautiful place. There's nothing I didn't enjoy, well except for when I discovered that my tent leaks. Need to reseal it.

Late last year I got one of those cab-over truck campers that's a truck mounted RV. Has a new bed that I had to take the plastic off of. Galley, wet head, AC, TV, radio, dvd player, even got me a good generator. Gonna be comfy this year. Last year wasn't bad. I slept on a cot with a sleep pad. This year's gonna be better.

Welcome to the fire Beacon.

Today I'm getting my truck ready to go to the Pate Swap meet tomorrow. For y'all that don't know it's one of the largest automotive swap meets around. It's held at the Texas Motor Speedway and it takes a day or two just to walk the meet once. Less if you find something to look at. Gonna try to get me a few parts I need for my classics.

Archived