SASS Wire Forum

What happened today?

Dorado

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, today is my 37th Wedding Anniversary. I can't take the day off because my boss is out of town so I am in charge. 2 of my 3 day shift guys called out sick. No one wants to stay over from 3rd shift but one guy begrudgingly volunteered. That also means I have to bring people in early from 2nd shift and I have a doctor's appt that I cannot miss after lunch...well, I can miss it but it'll take me another month to get in to see him.

Oh well...

Oh, Mary. Them's are BEAUTIFUL!

Made an offer last night on 20 acres next to my 20 acres. One time, no dicker offer. More than fair market. Hoping for an answer tonight. That would give me 40 next to 80 of National Forrest. Bears, deer, turkey. Part of my Great Grandparents farm. Centennial farm this very year.

Love the dresses, Calico.

Been w**kin on the kitchen remodel. Got most of the new sub floor in over the weekend. Finished it Mon. morning. Kylie helped me on Mon. by handin me screws to fasten down. Started runnin  some electric today.

Hi Mary,

I :wub::wub::wub: the gold.

I made one very similar to your green one, which "shrunk at the cleaners." Either that or gremlins sewed up the seams while I was sleeping. I sold it to Janet at D Bar J. I wish I had saved the photo I saw of her in it. Anyway, here it is on me at the 2005 SASS Convention with one of my BFFs, may he RIP, The Avenger.

423448_2834982163199_504502613_n.jpg?oh=

Just now, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Hi Mary,

I :wub::wub::wub: the gold.

I made one very similar to your green one, which "shrunk at the cleaners." Either that or gremlins sewed up the seams while I was sleeping. I sold it to Janet at D Bar J. I wish I had saved the photo I saw of her in it. Anyway, here it is on me at the 2005 SASS Convention with one of my BFFs, may he RIP, The Avenger.

423448_2834982163199_504502613_n.jpg?oh=

Dam... in person, you are as everybody describes ya.  Sure like yore hair... not unlike myown.  That is one, lucky man in the pick.

You are not a bad-lookin' chick... for sure.  Oh... nice dress.

ts

One final thing, Ma'am... that fella in the pic has an "eye-problem"... not unlike me.  Is he OK?

I wear an eye-patch.... and with this long-hair... out in public, I look like a freak.

Recently, in Wal-Mart... there this was this lil-bitty kid... he hollers up after I past him and his Mom in the aisle...

"Look Mom... look at that pirate!!".  The scene froze... as if we were lookin' to kill each other.  You know the look... just before all hell... well... you know the drill.

And then, the woman looked at me apologetically and says in a whisper... "Sorry, Sir"...

I says, "Ma'am... whatever you do... don't stop him from questioning what he sees... and what he hears."   She then came over and grabbed my hands and she held them for a minute or so.  Wanted to know my name... I was afraid of that... and told her the truth... "I am just a long-haired nobody."

Hope you have a good rest of yore life.

ts

1 hour ago, Tennessee Stud said:

One final thing, Ma'am... that fella in the pic has an "eye-problem"... not unlike me.  Is he OK?

I wear an eye-patch.... and with this long-hair... out in public, I look like a freak.

Recently, in Wal-Mart... there this was this lil-bitty kid... he hollers up after I past him and his Mom in the aisle...

"Look Mom... look at that pirate!!".  The scene froze... as if we were lookin' to kill each other.  You know the look... just before all hell... well... you know the drill.

And then, the woman looked at me apologetically and says in a whisper... "Sorry, Sir"...

I says, "Ma'am... whatever you do... don't stop him from questioning what he sees... and what he hears."   She then came over and grabbed my hands and she held them for a minute or so.  Wanted to know my name... I was afraid of that... and told her the truth... "I am just a long-haired nobody."

Hope you have a good rest of yore life.

ts

Hi TS,

My dear friend, The Avenger, died a few years back. He was a long time smoker and it finally got him.

Good for you on your response to the child and his mother. Except, your friends here and you have many, think you have worth and are glad to see you posting

Sorry to disappoint you; but, I'm wearing a wig in that photo and I've gained a "few" pounds since then.

Regards,

AM

16 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Hi TS,

My dear friend, The Avenger, died a few years back. He was a long time smoker and it finally got him.

Good for you on your response to the child and his mother. Except, your friends here and you have many, think you have worth and are glad to see you posting

Sorry to disappoint you; but, I'm wearing a wig in that photo and I've gained a "few" pounds since then.

Regards,

AM

Ma'am... I have a sneekin' feelin'... that I ain't far off my mark.  In that pic... you could use a few pounds....

ts

One final thing, Ma'am... 'fore I have to crash.  A lot of hair ain't all that good.   Too much is nearly as bad as not enough.  Oh it comes handy when it is real cold out.  But it has its downsides.  Sometimes my hair gets all tangled up in... well... amongst several body parts.  Can be hard to unwrap.

If ya sit on ya hair in the saddle... it can be real painful-like.  I have to keep it all matted down... or else it fluffs up like a dam witches hair.  Looks like somethin' from them old Dallas or Dynasty TV shows.  Just awful.  So my hat will fit... have to have my hair thinned-out ever now and then.

Maybe one fine day... I will be able to see yore real hair.  Have to get well first.

Hope to see ya...

ts 

Calico... them are some fine-lookin' dresses...

Wearin' them... you would be dressed a lot finer than the wimmen that I know... bet you would fill them dresses up real nice-like.  Be near you, man would have to drape a tie... and wear some fance duds.  You... obviously got some dress-makin' talents....

I can't even hardly make a sling for a broke arm.

One day... if ya ever don them pretties... sure would like to have a peek.

ts

On 3/31/2017 at 6:37 PM, Captain Clark said:

Just enjoyed my first day of retirement! I hope they are all this much fun!;)

Now by Saint Christopher and a fresh baked pie, that's the most delightful sentence I've read in some long time!

Well done, Captain, proud of you, and Carry On Sir!

On 3/31/2017 at 6:37 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Getting ready to go play docent at the Elks OperaFouse Theater in Prescott this evening.  Susie (?) Boggus i performing and if I show up in costume and help out I get to see the show for free.

Besides, I'm so gorgeous I lend a lot more atmosphere than anyone else in Arizona could.

Forty, old son, I gotta admit ... when you're good, you're good!

(There are so many I'd like to reply to but that Multi Quote is beyond my poor skills ... the site isn't lacking, it's a mechanical problem, something to do with the loose nut on my keyboard ...)

Miz Allie, I hope that eyeball heals up, a scratch is more painful than I really like to remember!  Insert distressed expression here!

Tennessee Stud, glad you're getting that roof and soffit tended, was the original fiberglass or something else that squirrel critters can gnaw?  (We used fiberglass roof panels in powerhouse roofs back home in the oilfield ... a powerhouse is a sawmill slab shack built around the stationary gas engine used to pump multiple Berea-strata wells ... biggest engine was 15 horse power but them is draft horses, not race horses like they put in Chevrolet engines.  Flywheels as big across as I am tall, a pistoon big around as a dinner plate ... I kick started those engines as a lad, as had my father, as did his father, as did his uncles, my brother's sons run those same engines, patent date on the manufacturer's plate is late 1800s/early 1900s ... and still running!)

Them fiber glass panels let in light, otherwise it got just powerful dark inside even with the door standing open.

4 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I am so SAD, SAD, SAD!

I had my first and only dog put to sleep today.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE him so much. So did everyone who met him, even the kitties!

08032016-03.JPG

Beautiful dog. Sorry for your loss. It's tough to put one down.

God Bless you Allie Mo! According to my wife Ocotillo Annie, they leave paw prints on our hearts! Your sadness of today will be replaced with the sweet memories our loved pets leave throughout their lives! 

It is such sadness to lose a friend and family member. I was 47 when I got my first pet, when she passed was almost too much for me. There has been so much death in my life that was brought back. (long story) Didn't ever want another pet and of course the wife brought another one home that she found. She is only 6 but I sure dread the day that will come some day. I bear with you.

Sad for you Allie.   I miss my buddies a lot!!

Oh, no, Allie!

I am so very sorry to hear this!

I've had to put furry family members down .. it was necessary, and the right thing to do, and I still felt like I'd just murdered my best friend!

Sorry for your loss Allie Mo.

So spent yesterday evening coloring eggs. Don't have kids but it was a good excuse to boil some eggs. I'll probably eat them all in the next day or two. Spending the day with my family. My brother's wife is carrying their first child. Gonna be a little girl. Gonna have a niece! I'm going to spoil her and teach her all kinds of bad habits. Got a roast in the oven and just waiting for dinner now.

Painting some more on that front bedroom, we're about to the point of moving furniture around again so we can paint more!

Got to charge up the ridin' mower and give the yard a haircut!

It's almost dry enough ... but my mower has them little bitty wheels and I'm honestly afraid of sinkin' it up to the axles ... which would be about two inches ...

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:13 PM, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Thank you all for the kind, sympathetic words! We do not have children. So, that is my excuse for taking this so hard,

No excuse needed Allie. I imagine when the day comes soon for our Sammy the beagle I'll let loose pretty good. That dog saw me through a horrible injury and been there for us through some awful times. My mom told me that you can't have all the happiness of a friend like that unless you can accept the heartache at the end. True words.

Shot with Wolffs Rowdy Rangers in Bristol, IN yesterday. What a great bunch of people to be around. Always worth the drive. Perfect weather too. Went home and mowed, sprayed the weeds and worked with my son on his truck. Late to bed and exhausted. More painting and yardwork today. Slowly getting the house ready to sell. My daughter Kaya has one more year of high school left then we move out of the city.

My buddy 4T!!!

Sitting here in the sun on the front porch of my son's house. Four month old granddaughter asleep in my arms. It don't get no better.

Spring on my garage door broke. I was standing under it. I just about had to change my shorts as it sounded like a bomb went off. I'm trying to locate a replacement. I really don't like changing those. It's such a pain in the keester.

Made it through my day yesterday.  Seven more weeks off of my foot.  I am learning to get around on this little knee scooter, but in tight places I find myself running over the heel of my good foot!  :lol::lol::rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Made it through my day yesterday.  Seven more weeks off of my foot.  I am learning to get around on this little knee scooter, but in tight places I find myself running over the heel of my good foot!  :lol::lol::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Be careful on those scooters! I hit a small rock on one and it tipped me over. Almost landed on my foot less than two weeks after getting a fixator harness removed.

What happened to your foot? I learned a lot about them the hard way.

Archived