SASS Wire Forum

What happened today?

Dorado

What happened today?

Anything unusual?

Get anything accomplished or start on a new project?

Inquiring minds want to know.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. There's your drivel. I like it. 

Well, let's see. First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it. :P

Three hour drive to western CT to inspect a 1000 gal. underground propane tank involved in an explosion; three hour drive back.  Rain most of the way, but the snow started on the return trip at about Worcester, MA.  Snowing pretty good here now.

Looks like a reloading weekend, mixed with some office work.

LL

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Three hour drive to western CT to inspect a 1000 gal. underground propane tank involved in an explosion; three hour drive back.  Rain most of the way, but the snow started on the return trip at about Worcester, MA.  Snowing pretty good here now.

Looks like a reloading weekend, mixed with some office work.

LL

Bet that was cool to see;)

I went out the beginning of the storm and picked up an un-baked pizza to put in our oven tonight. It's like fresh off the bricks at the pizza joint, but, don't have to leave home. Or wait to be seated for that matter.

Wuz awake until 3:00am this morning.  Slept until 8:00am, fed the po'd horses and chickens, ate a sandwich, went to town, got a huge Double Gulp diet coke at 7-11, talked with my leftist buddy at the cigar/smoke shop, was called an entitled, privileged white male by a strange, older white woman customer there, told her she was right on all four counts:

I'm a white male, I'm entitled to my opinion and I'm privileged to make your acquaintance.....I'm (Cat Brules) and you are(?)....  She refused my handshake, wouldn't tell me her name and told the owner that he should be careful who he lets in his shop.  I said I had to go and told my buddy she we right and that I was never coming back! He smiled and said "good riddance!" :-)

i left, bought a sack of gamecock feed, went to the Post Office and came home.  I sat on the porch idle about ten minutes, then called The Cowboy Shop, then went out to walk the fence line.  Back inside now, gonna fiddle with by Win97 a bit, then go visit my mother-in-law for a while.  More to do later.  Nice day so far; I'll call my brother later.

Cleaned out my old office.  Yeah, That's about it!

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

tuu? or tutu?

ifn' yer all gud boys I'll see bout postin' pics when it's done.....of tha DRESS......

3 hours ago, Tall Tale Todd said:

A lovely lady has agreed to go out on a date with me tonight. Pretty stoked about that

Heck that's great. I'm jealous. You have fun and treat her like a lady.

1 hour ago, Calico Mary said:

ifn' yer all gud boys I'll see bout postin' pics when it's done.....of tha DRESS......

This bunch? Yeah we're never gonna see those pics.....

Getting ready to go play docent at the Elks OperaFouse Theater in Prescott this evening.  Susie (?) Boggus i performing and if I show up in costume and help out I get to see the show for free.

Besides, I'm so gorgeous I lend a lot more atmosphere than anyone else in Arizona could.

31 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Getting ready to go play docent at the Elks OperaFouse Theater in Prescott this evening.  Susie (?) Boggus i performing and if I show up in costume and help out I get to see the show for free.

Besides, I'm so gorgeous I lend a lot more atmosphere than anyone else in Arizona could.

OMG!!! I love Suzy Boggus.. If she was to sing Night Rider's Lament to me I would melt!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ0OaYLperQ

Let's see. Went to Wright-Patt and got a haircut and a power cord for Mrs. Doc's computer. Turns out, the power strip she had her other one plugged into somehow got turned off. :blush: I didn't say a word. Could've easily happened to me.

I pulled out my guitar for the first time in a very long time. I'm thinking it is time to actually put some effort into becoming a better guitarist.

55 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Better git a better mirror. That one ain't workin to well.:P

Alive is good!!   I think.....

put effort into making music that makes YOU feel good, that's the best kind.....

I need Forty Rod's mirror.....mine just keeps showing ugly.....:(

Got my dates mixed up.  Tonight was the Jersey Boys, very good but way too loud.

Suzy Boggus is scheduled for April 22.  Tickets are still available.

Tomorrow night is a tribute singer named Crystal Stark doing a tribute to Donna Summer.  Crystal is one very amazing talent.  She doesn't look like Ella Fitzgerald nor Aretha Franklin but she sure did sound like them in the two shows I'v seen before. 

Floor is finished but Calico Mary knows this already, we commiserated about bruised knees, she was putting down a living room floor.

(Calico, you're looking for a place to stay, does this mean you found work? -- please say yes!)

Now that the floor's done, the wife has started painting the walls and of course I am drafted (when she gets an idea it costs me work!) 

no, haven't found work yet....or a place to stay yet either....work would be easier to find if I found a place to stay while I was looking.....:unsure:

Was gone last Friday. It was the once a month pay day so the wife and I head out fer the date day. First went to Arms & Ammo ta pick up some powder, bullets, primers. Wife found something so had ta pick up that. Then headed to Grizzly's ta pick up parts fer a neighbor. Then to a new Chinese Grocery store where the wife found a few things. A new fixen place that was great ta eat at. (Bar-B-Q) Trip to the Hy-Vee which always amazes me so big, nothen like it out in the kountry. Then to Sam's Club fer stocken up fer the month and pick up a few extra things for folks. Then head home but on the way is a Dairy Queen where we got a treat. Pay Day and headen to the big town always a great time fer the wife and me.:)

Suffering from a bad cold/flu; can't breathe, head feels like its in a vise, and every joint is screaming at me.

Up to run the snow blower and try to get rid of what's left in the driveway from Fri/Sat snow; more slush than snow, but the Toro did its projectile vomiting routine and spit most of it off to the side.  By 11:30 the sun was out, and it was too soft to blow.  By 3:00 it had all melted anyway.

Spring is here; going to hit the 60's this week and next.  Talk about changeable weather.

LL

I took out the trash. That's about it...

I'm bored.

Ohhhh...oh darn...would you look at that....something just came up...Looks like I'll have to watch the grass grow... Jeez, and I was so looking forward to helping you in your sewing room...

Archived