SASS Wire Forum

Help me figure this out (another ALPOISM)

Widder, SASS #59054

when a skunk gets run over and lies dead in the road, you only smell it after you drive by.

You never pick up the scent until you drive past the skunk.

BUT, when you drive back by it again from the other direction, you only smell it again after you drive by it.

WHY don't we ever smell the skunk on the 'approach', no matter the direction of the approach?

..........Widder

When you're approaching, the smell is still, in a bubble around the skunk. You don't smell it 'cause you're not there yet.

As you pass it, your slipstream grabs it and pulls it along with you.

Naw, that ain't it at all.

Actually, skunks don't smell at all!

The MSM just made that up to conceal the fact it was the smell of pollytishons!

Trust me. I read it on the internet.

There was one by the post office the other day that you could smell from 500 yrds approaching!!

Naw, that ain't it at all.

Actually, skunks don't smell at all!

The MSM just made that up to conceal the fact it was the smell of pollytishons!

Trust me. I read it on the internet.

I guess I owe all the skunks an apology...... ;)

..........Widder

It depends on the temperature, humidity, wind speed and direction. The Coriolis Effect plays a big part as well. It also depends on the condition of the skunk and what it had eaten in the 24 hours before being run over. A skunk that has previously discharged it's scent prior to being hit may not be as pungent. If you are still reading this and haven't come to the realization that this is utter b.s. I am letting you know now that it is and I really have no clue about it other than tomato juice doesn't work if you get sprayed.

:-)

It depends on the temperature, humidity, wind speed and direction. The Coriolis Effect plays a big part as well. It also depends on the condition of the skunk and what it had eaten in the 24 hours before being run over. A skunk that has previously discharged it's scent prior to being hit may not be as pungent. If you are still reading this and haven't come to the realization that this is utter b.s. I am letting you know now that it is and I really have no clue about it other than tomato juice doesn't work if you get sprayed.

:-)

And I bow to the King of BS. All hail Pat. :P:lol:

• Like 1