SASS Wire Forum

FS Savage 99's and Old Vaquero

Sending these off to auction, if interested please PM me to see if what you're interested in is still available. Thanks.

These are all from my Dad's collection that I inherited. On the gun that has had work, they won't be super light actions, he didn't prefer them real light. Prices are shipped to your FFL, first I'll take it posted to the thread get's it. Link to more pics of all three guns listed here: http://s24.photobucket.com/user/fireball7709/library/99s?sort=3&page=1 All trade offers considered, but please, PM me an actual offer, i.e. "I'll trade you X and this much boot money for X". I'm not looking for anything special right now, but you never know. Thanks for looking.

1) Savage 99 250 Savage aka 250-3000 caliber.(Ballistics similar to 243) Semi-beavertail forend. Brass rotary magazine. Aftermarket buttpad, approx. 13 5/8" length of pull. Lyman 57 SA peep sight, original front sight. Sling swivels. Bright bore. I shot a few rounds out of this and it runs as it should. Overall a very nice example of a great Whitetail gun. $825

DIE%20CAST%20173_zps4mpfxphv.jpg

2) Savage 99 250 Savage aka 250-300 caliber. Slim forend. Brass rotary magazine. Aftermarket buttpad, approx. 14" length of pull. Bausch and Lomb 4 power scope in a Bausch and Lomb mount. Tapered post reticle with a single, fine horizontal wire. Sling swivels. Bright bore. I shot a few rounds out of this one too and it runs as it should. Also an overall nice example with a very functional period scope. $775

DIE%20CAST%20160_zpstmtlfybo.jpg

3) Ruger Vaquero "old model" 45 Colt 4 5/8". Early 55 prefix model serial #. Belt Mountain base pin, Ron Power free spin pawl. Chambers beveled and honed. Lighter springs. Unmolested front sight. Original box. Excellent, like new condition. $625

029_zpsvik2z8tg.jpg

Fireball,

Would you be so kind as to send me an e-mail. I am mighty interested in the two Savages. I'm at dlaprade@bellsouth.net. Thank you for your time.

Frenchie

If ammo wasnt so darn hard to find around here id snap that 2nd one up. Btt

Well, I have brass, bullets and reloading dies that I'll be selling separately for the 250. Just haven't counted it all up and made a list, I'd hate to have one of the guns left and not have reloading supplies.

Reloading components available with the purchase of a rifle(s). I don't want to have a gun I can't load for, so until both are spoken for, I'll only sell part of the components to a buyer.

With one rifle, I'll do 250 pieces of new Winchester brass and 300 bullets;100 each of 87gr, 100gr and 120gr weights, for an additional $215 shipped.($270+ shipping at current prices)

Buy both rifles, get all; 548 new, 80 once fired brass(628 total), 700 bullets and a set of Hornady reloading dies for an additional $425 shipped.(over $600+ shipping at current prices)

Thanks.

Have the buttstocks been cut to accommodate the pads?

They came to us the way they are, so I don't know for sure, I'll measure the lengths of pull when I get home and post them.

• 5 weeks later...

Any chance you'd want to trade the Vaquero for another really , nice Model 99 in .308 topped with a weaver K4 scope ??

Any chance you'd want to trade the Vaquero for another really , nice Model 99 in .308 topped with a weaver K4 scope ??

:blush: I've got 2 others in addition to these two, I'm pretty set I think. Thank you for the offer though! :)

Archived