SASS Wire Forum

Chicago Street Cleaning

Subdeacon Joe

A Blizzard Hit

700.jpg

With cartridge accumulations reaching two feet or more in some areas, experts say Chicago is on track for the highest annual ammunition-depth total on record.

“The plows always seem to get to the rich neighborhoods first, that’s for sure,” said Gloria Hawkins, 53, a lifelong resident of the South Side community of Auburn Gresham. “Down here, you have no choice but to go out there into the ammo and shovel your car out yourself. It can be pretty frustrating when things are really bad out, because by the time you finish clearing the walk in front of your house, there’s already an inch or two of fresh bullet casings piling up where you started.”

I don't miss that at all. However, they always used cheap non-reloadable ammo and it took a lot of time to sort thru the brass to get the good ones. On a good day, I use to get lucky and find 100 or 200 good once fired brass cases in an hour or so of looking. However, most was not in a caliber I reloaded.

:angry::angry: Maddog McCoy :angry::angry:

Edited by Maddog McCoy SASS #5672

Greatly exagerated pic... but it ain't nothin' to into the dark spaces in West Englewood... and see hunnerts of cartridge cases. Most of them folks up there like the Glock Fo-tay.

Don't forget the Fo-Five :lol:

Up to "Michael Brown"... me and you could venture into Chi-town with caution, the "West Englewood" section. But thing's change... like Custer... in the 7th (Uturn's home) at the "Little Big Horn".....

But not now. Don't know if anybody knows it or not... they would scalp a fella like me. Justa... FYI.... complete and absolute lawlessness... without mercy The checker-hats... don't even want to veture into that "Devil's Garden".

ts