SASS Wire Forum

Baseball

Shawnee McGrutt

Cubbies - Tribe series? Could it happen? Would it mean the Apocalypse cometh?? :D

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cubbies - Tribe series? Could it happen? Would it mean the Apocalypse cometh?? :D

I wouldn't walk under any ladders during that series! :lol:

And let me just say a thing about announcers in playoff games or network games in general.

I much prefer listening to the team broadcasters rather than ESPN or broadcast announcers. They know the players better have generally better comments anf get excited about the game. That's why Harry Caray and Vin Scully are so beloved.

Wait till next season. Time for Women's Professional Beach Volleyball!

Chicago has been on a tear all season.

They will be tuff.

Boston, really sucked. They quit playing to celebrate Big Papi...boy did he go out in style.

Loophole, you say I have a dark mood when it comes to the Sox? What did they do for your mood last night?

Go American League

Congralutions to the TRIBE! Boston was basically a no-show. The wife has just made this a Cleveland territory. Ha!Go TRIBE!

Wait till next season. Time for Women's Professional Beach Volleyball!

Chicago has been on a tear all season.

They will be tuff.

Boston, really sucked. They quit playing to celebrate Big Papi...boy did he go out in style.

Loophole, you say I have a dark mood when it comes to the Sox? What did they do for your mood last night?

Go American League

Shawnee I hope you have some rum left!!! With all the Ex-Boston players on the Indians I hope you're rooting for them!!

Congralutions to the TRIBE! Boston was basically a no-show. The wife has just made this a Cleveland territory. Ha!Go TRIBE!

Your wife is a cool lady!! GO TRIBE!!!! They haven't won a WS since '48!!!

Rye, told you, it was Tito's way, of facing the red sox ownership. They were rude to him. And One of their better managers. He played them well. The Three Days Of Big Papi at Fenway was a distraction, winning should have been the business at hand, not celebrating. That could have waited. I am a fan of Ortiz, he is part of the reason for the WS wins, but he went out in a fizzle.

The lose doesn't bother me, they did better then I thought. I felt they would be subpar again this season. But losing the way they did.

But I have a bet riding on the Jays, (and, I am not a big fan.) since pre season. And I ain't going to jinx myself.

Indians are going to have a handful with the Jays.

Where are the national league fans? No chirping about your teams? Guess I have been correct all along, who wants to see pitchers hit? Guess no one watches them.

Rye, told you, it was Tito's way, of facing the red sox ownership. They were rude to him. And One of their better managers. He played them well. The Three Days Of Big Papi at Fenway was a distraction, winning should have been the business at hand, not celebrating. That could have waited. I am a fan of Ortiz, he is part of the reason for the WS wins, but he went out in a fizzle.

The lose doesn't bother me, they did better then I thought. I felt they would be subpar again this season. But losing the way they did.

But I have a bet riding on the Jays, (and, I am not a big fan.) since pre season. And I ain't going to jinx myself.

Where are the national league fans? No chirping about your teams? Guess I have been correct all along, who wants to see pitchers hit? Guess no one watches them.

Hey, I'm here. Just because my Cards folded, I am still a fan of batting pitchers.

I don't want to jinx anybody's team, but I think that there is a team somewhere in Illinois

that may have a shot at the brass ring. They sure looked strong all year long. Cards, not so much.

I think the beer sale soured their outlook. No more free bottles in the club house.

Sorry Badger, I meant guys with a horse in the race.

I would have liked to see, a rematch between the Cards & Sox.

No Nats, Cubs,Dodgers, or Mets fans?

The Cubs are the real deal. They have just kept rolling along. But, they were my ex-father in laws team, I would find it hard to root for them. Has been a good run for their fans. Has to be the same feeling us sox lovers had in 2004. Now that was a fun season.

Go American League!!!

The Red Sox choked period! With all the hype that the Sox got from the stupid sportcasters you would have thought that they were playing a little league team! The Indians get no respect but yet had the best record in the AL. They're a young, scrappy team who doesn't rely on power hitters alone. It's always someone stepping up and taking over. They lost 2 of their best pitchers not to mention Micheal Brantley who hasn't played all year! The Indians deserve more respect from the baseball world and we'll just see won't we? BTW, The Blue Jays are going to have their hands full with the Tribe. We were 4-3 against them this year and with that I say………..

GO TRIBE!!!!!

Looks like the Dodgers have some fight left in them. Beat the Nationals today, but looks like

the Nationals were moving in on them. Sometimes the clock is your worst enemy.

Chicago is down by a run but it is early in the game. We may get some more baseball out of the National league.

I hope for a Chitown - Mistake-by-the-lake series.

Only fair that the two traditionally worst teams get a shot. This has been a very weird year so why not? ;)

And when the Series is over, I will retreat to the man cave and watch Deadwood, Band of Brothers, Tombstone, Lomnesome Dove, et al, for the next several months. I wil emerge, groundhog-like, and look for America's shadow. ;)

:rolleyes:

one run wins are not blow outs, but I thought this series would have been closer, not a sweep.

Best record in American League was Texas.

But what is said on paper doesn't mean, Jack. Toronto swept Texas.

Boston won 4-2 in reg series play against Cleveland. Statistics and standings don't come and play the game.

And so you know Rye, I figured Indians would take Boston. I had no illusions about another WS championship.

Was just happy that they were in the mix.

But I have to support my beloved Boston Red Sox, to the bitter end and hope for something good.

Go American League, still have a bet on the Jays, and I will root for anyone but the Yankees, in World Series play.

one run wins are not blow outs, but I thought this series would have been closer, not a sweep.

Best record in American League was Texas.

But what is said on paper doesn't mean, Jack. Toronto swept Texas.

Boston won 4-2 in reg series play against Cleveland. Statistics and standings don't come and play the game.

And so you know Rye, I figured Indians would take Boston. I had no illusions about another WS championship.

Was just happy that they were in the mix.

But I have to support my beloved Boston Red Sox, to the bitter end and hope for something good.

Go American League, still have a bet on the Jays, and I will root for anyone but the Yankees, in World Series play.

I hope you don't have too much dough on the Blue Jays!!! :P

You're right Texas did have the best AL record, by ONE GAME, we only played 161 games.

No baseball today!!! :( Travel time for the Nats…………Go Dodgers!!!

Yea I'm rootin' for a Dodgers Indians World Series! I could care less about the Cubs, I have an affinity for the Dodgers. When I lived in L.A. for a short time in 1983 I went to Dodger Stadium with my cousin who was a huge Dodgers fan after moving there! We always talked about a Dodgers-Indians WS. He's gone now, so I'm rootin' for the Dodgers to get beat by the Indians!! :lol:

Hear that Jim??? ^_^

Having been a Red Sox fan since the Ted Williams days, (even though I never lived in New England save the year I was a student at the Naval War College), I would have much preferred to see them in the WS. Since that is now OBE :( , an Indians/Cubs match up would be a historically interesting one...the two teams with the longest WS draught going at it for all the marbles! B)

OK Rye, as a Cardinal fan, the Dodgers are still da bums.

Just because they got run out of 'Brooklyn don't make them

redeemed. STILL DA BUMS.

But I guess we will just have to let it play out and see who is

in the arena for the big games.

Don't forget to watch the Indians slaughter the Blue Jays tonight! 8:00pm est TBS :lol: Our best is on the mound, Corey Kluber!

I gots to be for the Cubbies now. They have played well all year, and them Former Brooklyn bums don't

deserve to win. JMHO :D

In memory of my best cousin, who died 5 years ago and lived in LA….GO DODGERS!!!!! He was a big fan of the Dodgers and Indians!! ;)

Bahhh Humbug!

I have absolutely no reason to root for the Cubs, #1 it's Chicago! #2 a terrible politician that I don't like comes from there…why would I root for a team in Chicago? I could care less, it's their problem that they haven't won since 1908!! I'm crying real tears for them…NOT!

Go Dodgers…for my cousin Jimmy!! :)

While I have sympathy for your loss of your cousin, that has nothing to do with the quality of the team name of

them bums. They are still bums in my book. I recall all the problems they gave the Cardinals back in the 1950s.

Got no love fer them 'tall.

P.S. I can hold a grudge for a very long time. :lol:

Archived