SASS Wire Forum

Gun Polka?

Alpo

I thought about this for a while, before posting. Certainly it would not be considered safe. But is it really much different than Sammy Davis dancing on the bar in Robin and the Seven Hoods?

And, as the feller who linked it to me said, for some reason it makes me laugh.

Disturbing

I'm trying to think of a good smart remark to make, and the mind just went blank.

Reckon that explains the puff of smoke on the horizon ... that's my train of thought, leavin' station fast and pickin' up speed ...

Is it sad that I know what all of that was...? The characters are from an anime caled Madoka Magica and the songis Ievan polka sung by a Vocloid called Hastune Miku. I was kinda disturbed by this, too, to be honest!

There may not be much difference between what the vocaloid and Sammy Davis did, but I wouldn't say what SDJ did was acceptable either. I couldn't even watch the entire video. You have a better argument comparing it to Yosemite Sam but even at that Sam was much safer. Other than when he'd take flight he was shooting with purpose. Not just casually shooting in random directions. I think it's the casualness that bothers me.

Does it bother you when John Wayne twirls his pistol before holstering it?

It's not real. Duke's not twirling a loaded gun. Sammy's not shooting a Thompson over next to a guy leaning on a roulette table. And the first one's a cartoon.

Can't say I ever saw the duke doing that with a pistol, but since you mentioned it ... Someone posted a video from the last SHOT show where the first minute was a guy was dressed up in fancy cowboy duds tossin and twirlin a 6 shooter around like it was a body juggling ball. That bothered the heck out of me too.

The gun twirlin I remember in TV and movies never bothered me that much. Probably because it happened quick and was easy for me to believe there were no innocent bystanders directly in front of or behind them. In that case you're just putting yourself at risk. I remember playing around with it with my capgun and stopped when I couldn't find a good excuse for it.

Oh and I don't buy the "it's not real" excuse. It shows a casual lack of respect for guns that can only lead to accidents, and that bothers me.

No Animes were injured in the making of this video, right? Or, are the Anime Rights groups coming out in full force?

My greatest concern is the message that is sent to an uneducated audience on gun handling.

It is proven fact that movies and videos have a great influence on children, and also on some adults.

As children, they have no reference to judge against the presentation above.

As adults, we recognize that it is fantasy, but in a lot of cases, endeavor to duplicate.

The later group are often called the Darwin Award recipients.

I believe that a "vocal group" is singers. Like a church choir, they just sing. They may or may not have musical accompaniment.

An "a capella" group is just voices - no musical instruments.

Archived