SASS Wire Forum

***SASS Convention - UPDATES!

Misty Moonshine

Howdy all!

Let's be honest... if you don't make it to this Convention, I just know you WILL regret it!

We have the greatest seminar line-up assembled in the history of the SASS Convention!

You can click here to see the entire seminar schedule and each seminars description.

Just to name a few of our all-star line up: Jim Bowie, Lassiter, Chuckaroo, Deuce Stevens, Judge Roy Bean, Frederick Jackson Turner, The Doiley Gang, Cat Ballou, Texas Flower, Kid Rio, CD Tom, Captain George Baylor, Ol #4, Coyote Cap, Shotglass, Silver Heart, Lacey O'Doyly, Pecos Clyde, The Butterfinger Kid, Sgt. Shuster, Evil Roy, Solomon Star, Miss Tabitha....

also...

In addition to important TG business, the schedule will feature fun for all- the Hall of Fame Induction ceremony, a shuttled party at D Bar J Hat Company, the VIctorian Tea, the PJ Party, and the Saturday night ball... just to name a few!

You can click here to see the entire SASS Convention event schedule.

did I mention vendors?

Thats right... theres a fantastic exhibit hall being assembled as well, just in time for Christmas shopping!

Remember the SASS Forum? An open Q&A hosted by myself and other WIld Bunch Board of Directors in an effort to hear our members concerns, discuss the future of SASS, and solidify the open communication between SASS and its members...That is still happening- and I implore you to attend and be heard!

And, don't forget to get your reservations in at Green Valley Ranch Resort before November 9th to take advantage of our SASS Convention group room rate!

Our group rate is $120/night... after November 9th, the resort will release the rooms and we cannot guarantee you will be offered our group rate. (Their normal rate is $200+)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now... for the facts that are a little hard to say, and likely a little hard for you all to hear:

As many of you are aware, it was announced early in 2015 that the Convention would be moving to an every 2 year format after this 13th Convention is held this December.

Due to low numbers in registrations for this Convention (which translates into a lack of interest from our members)... we are faced with a financial loss and are forced to reevaluate the future of the SASS Convention entirely- again.

I'm not pulling any punches here folks- I'm pretty well known for telling it like it is: this may very well be the last Convention... ever. And when I say ever, I mean for the foreseeable future. Another one in 5 years? Maybe. 10 years? Possibly....but there are absolutely no guarantees given the decline in interest.

I reiterate... don't miss this one and regret it. IT MAY VERY WELL BE THE LAST.

(and I'm not a "sky is falling" kind of gal!)

I TRULY hope to see you all at the Convention.

Misty Moonshine

Misty, sad to hear that there is poor participation. Obviously we (the Queen and I) will be there and will help in any way possible. If you want to add A Wild Bunch rules seminar I will be glad to teach it, just not at the same time as the TG meeting or the WB Ambassador meeting.

Queen Foraday and I are signed up, we made it to almost all of the conventions in Vegas in the past, the first few were huge and fun filled, they petered out for various reasons. The biggest draw for us was always the vendors and the entertainment. listening to Ginny Mac, Riders in the Sky and others was great, the knife throwers and whip snappers not so much. But the real draw was always the vendors.

My wife and I are going, along with a few others from our area. We signed up for this Convention at the last convention in San Antonio. We have been to everyone since 2009 if I recall correctly, and one of our traveling pards has been to every one! Some Conventions were better than others, as to be expected, but we always had a great time and consequently keep going back, and we aren't even a TGs. It's just nice to have the opportunity to meet folks from around the world, not just around the country, that love to play this game.

I always enjoy meeting the folks from the wire and, don't tell my wife, but I even got a couple of hugs from Allie Mo over the years! Who could pass that up! I also look forward to rubbin' elbows with the Wild Bunch and listening to their stories about the "Good Old Days" of SASS when they had two categories, shot from under wagons, threw knives, ropes, etc, all on the clock. Game has certainly changed a lot since then, and mostly for the better too, but once and a while it's fun to hear about doing it the "Old" way.

While I certainly understand the financial realities of putting on the Convention, or not as the case may be, I for one hope that they continue, even if on an abbreviated schedule. Now I just need to find my handy/dandy Blackjack Strategy Card (or in my case, Tragedy Card), practice some online 3-Card Poker, and try to remember how the heck to play Pai Gow. My goal is to lose slow enough that I come out even on the free drinks!

Hope to see a bunch of you all there!

Dogmeat Dad & Lil Feathers

I have been to every Convention including the one in Tennessee
(betcha forgot that one). And I've worked at every one of them because I feel the need to give back. There is nothing like face to face communication and meeting folks from all over, with like minds.

Newbies can learn a lot from the seminars and each convention has had outside tourist attractions as well.

Although I see conventions in the future, they may not have one every year and as we all know, we ain't gettin' any younger.

Hope to see you there!

Roo

I am looking forward to the Convention!

It's a great place to meet SASS members from all over the world, in an environment unlike any other.

Lots of useful contacts, information, and, oh, yeah, a three day Cowboy Fandango! Whoo-YEAH!!!!!

See you there,

FJT

The Paradise Pass Crew will have some members there !

Furball, Lil Sis, Korupt Karl, Aunt B, and I will be there !!!!

Super excited about it !!!!

Sounds like a great time, and the seminar line up does look great !

See ya there !

Man you are really making it hard on me. Cayenne Kay and I have been to the last two Conventions and loved every second of both of them. We were planning on being at this one until my lovely daughter told us that she was due to give birth to our third grandchild that week. Unfortunately there is no way we can plan to be out of town then. We so much enjoy the entire convention. Seeing old friends and meeting "new" old friends, the seminars, learning to dance at Miss Tabitha's classes and the vendors are just some of the things we will miss. Bought a new rig from Bob Mernickle last year among other things. Congrats Bob on your Wooly Award - well deserved. We'll miss the Paradise Pass crew - had a great time with all of you in Nashville. Congrats on your Wooly. I'll get over there next year to shoot with all of you next year - I promise. FJT, don't forget your special mission to buy that beer for Bob M that I owe him. Tell him I wish I could praise him about my new holsters myself. Send me a picture of that momentous occasion. Really wish we could come this year.

• 2 weeks later...

.....and along with CC Top, AuntB, Furball, Sis and me we talked Travelin Kid into coming as well....the only drawback for Kid is that he has to room with me...lol.

KK

I am so looking forward to this....just picked up my new "butt ugly" shirt from Bonnie and it's really gonna turn some heads....

• 2 weeks later...

.....and along with CC Top, AuntB, Furball, Sis and me we talked Travelin Kid into coming as well....the only drawback for Kid is that he has to room with me...lol.

KK

I am so looking forward to this....just picked up my new "butt ugly" shirt from Bonnie and it's really gonna turn some heads....

and the only drawback for you, is that you have to room with me!

Looking forward to it more than you know

Howdy Misty,

Sorry to say that we will not be able to attend the convention this year, just too close to my surgery. That said, I am sending a raffle prize with The Cowboys to help support the October 2016 Western Divisional Championship at The Cowboys in So. California.

I hope you all have a great time,

Ricochet Roy

Ricochet Roy's Old West, Custom Leather Shop

Archived