SASS Wire Forum

Something didn't seem right

Attica Jack  #23953

There should be some official documentation that someone at the match can reference too to verify the call,,,either way,,,,,,rather that say, PWB said so on the Wire. Most people don't read the wire nor know PWB.

Most of us know these official documents as SHB, RO I and RO II <_<

The OP could have asked the match director who was available the entire match and is always more than willing to answer questions. Match officials are there working their hearts out for a reason, take the time to ask please rather than start a wire thread.

(Edited for spelling)

Most of us know these official documents as SHB, RO I and RO II <_<

Yes Wyatt,,, We know.

When PWB's Control (F) and visually reading the three documents doesn't find the answer,..... When no one can site Book, Page, Paragraph, Bullet item,, for the rule/no rule,,,,

And some people say if it doesn't say, then it must be OK. That works, sometimes for some posses, but not for others.

You understand the rest.

My post a few up was not a bash toward the ROC, but just a thought that has been kicked around numerous times in the past.

With the limited info in the original post my comments were based on a SXS. I never thought of a 97 with a hull that hadn't ejected but the action was open. I guess we all react based on what we know.

Ike

That is why I asked for the model. I suspected a 97 that didn't eject the last round however it could have been an 87 or a SXS.

Model of gun doesn't change the call but it does help with my understanding of the events that lead to a long gun reaching the ULT with a spend round still in the chamber.

Any rule that is questioned (at a large match especially), no matter how basic it may seem, should be referred to a match official for clarification. It's only fair for all involved. In this case, the correct call was made, but you obviously still had the question and/or doubt.

CR

Deuce, last stage of the match, everyone wanted to get to the banquet. No harm done. As far as reading the RO 1 book, as fast as the rules change, it should be printed on an Etch-a-Sketch.

So you'd rather bring it to the Wire & have someone else read & post it for you?

My point was (to reiterate) that MOST of the "WtC?"s can be answered by a perusal of the RO1 (if one bothers to take the time to do so)...or ask someone at the match that might know (FYI - Deuce is a member of the ROC, besides his status as a match official at that particular event)

The rule regarding empties remaining in a long gun & when the penalty applies if it is the LAST firearm used on a stage has remained UNCHANGED for a number of years.

I pays my $65.00....and your are the man, for clearing up questionable calls. Did I mention that the shotgun was closed, when it left the line. NUFF SAID, it is history, end of story.

I hear that at matches a bit, fortunately not too much. "Hey I paid my $15, somebody will break things down, somebody will shag brass, just not me, I paid my money."

Admirable. :mellow:

BTW, the shotgun being closed doesn't change the call.

Movement with LG (97) ,with action closed(fully?) & hammer cocked(?)... On firing line... is a penalty all its own. We know there was an empty in it.

Perhaps when it closed would have some bearing on the topic.

It could...depends on whether the hammer was cocked or not as well.

And we're off down another Bunny trail.

It's the WIRE...are you really surprised?

REF: post #51 on THIS THREAD

Safe for movement. Action closed , hammer down on empty chamber or spent round. No bunny trail needed. This has been brought up on this thread a few times.

Archived