SASS Wire Forum

Pioneer Gun Works

Idaho Coyote'

A year ago, OK. I'm a Facebook friend of one of the principles and CAS is not the only facet of their life.

Fillmore

Got my parts in about a week, and that was with an apology because they had to wait on something to come back from powder coating before they could ship. They also recently sent me some parts free to fix something that was probably my fault in the first place. Can't complain a bit.

I always receive good service. I orders parts this morning and they were shipped this afternoon and a tracking number was supplied

I ordered a race ready Deluxe 73 from them last September. Got ever bell and whistle they offer. Recieved the rifle in late October and I must say it runs like a dream! Slicker than snot with no problems what so ever. If you ever have a problem, they are on the other side of the phone. They always answer the phone over there. Talk to Will Shootem or Portagy Joe. "Joe Jr".

http://www.pioneergunworks.com/home.php

Joe Alves is a nice guy. Always had good service and advices which is great when you do the gunsmithing by youself... Pioneer's products are fine.

Jef

Yeah through the years I have bought several items from PGW a short stroke, lifter springs and so on. About a year ago one of my toggles came apart that had been in the gun 6 or 7 years. Called them ,sent it back they rewelded the pin and had it back to me in about a week.

In December I bought one of their race ready 73 Deluxe 20" barrel in 45 with their level 2 modification . I got the gun in under two weeks and it looked great. It's winter here in Maryland and the weather has been bad so I load up some dummies at 1.570 my standard OAL. It was very disapointing, the gun had a trigger pull of about 7 lbs, way to much over travel on the firing pin extension and it wouldn't chamber the last round loaded. I called and spoke to Joe JR and he was almost condescending. We decided that returning the gun was the best solution, so I boxed it up and sent it and 15 rounds of my ammo. It was received at PGW last Tuesday. No email or anything from them so I called last Friday and spoke to Joe JR again he was rather defensive. He told me that the trigger pull had reset itself somehow, and that the gun feed fine. He told me that because the primer pocket was filled with silicone that the round were engaging each other, the bullet point going in to the primer pocket. Now they are 180 grain lead RNFP bulliets designed for tube magazine feed guns, the flat point is twice the size of the primer. I've used the same type of dummies in my rifles and shotguns for years and it has never been an issue. I like the warm fuzzy feeling of seeing that little white spot when I,m loading them in The gun has been there a week today and no indication of when it will shipped.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, February 3, 2015 - Insulting to vendor.
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, February 3, 2015 - Insulting to vendor.

Call back, ask to speak to junior and be straight with him. Be sure to address him as "junior." Tell him you are uncomfortable and becoming angry with his condescending tone and manner, that his comments don't make sense, that he must straighten up his act and you'll have no more of that surley attitude or they can keep the rifle and refund 100% of your payment, plus shipping. Ask if there's any part of your comments that are unclear. My guess is that (2 things): he'll get worse (you hang up and call back in an hour to speak to the owner to insist they keep the rifle and refund your money) or junior will put you on hold and get someone else with more horsepower to speak to you and the problem will be resolved. Chances are you won't be speaking to junior again, or they'll refund your payments.

I don't know these folks, aside from minor dealings I had with them a while back when attempting to make a good donation to a recovery fund they were managing for one of our cowboys, who was down. Less than friendly was my experience from them.

You DO NOT have to go to any supplier with "your hat in your hand" when you have issues with their products, product services, or other services. They're the experts, supposedly, not you. They get paid for it, and to fix their work and explain it to you in as much detail as you require. Remember this: employee behavior and attitude is a "top down" phenomenon; employees emulate the behavior and attitude of management at its highest level, regardless of how small or large the organization. While the older or higher levels may be more polished in their public persona, if their employees are surly, those employees have at least the tacit approval of their manager to behave that way. If they make you feel uncomfortable or act as if they're doing you a favor, you are dealing with the wrong people. You can either eat manure or give it back to'em, blast for blast. AND, you'll find that most who behave like that usually ain't worth the effort.

Others' experiences and manner of dealing with issues such as this may vary. I'm a patient, quiet, reasonable guy and when I've had enough and maybe when the wrong switches get thrown I change. I imagine it's that way with most folks. You must decide where you are in that process and act accordingly.

Hello Idaho Coyote,

It sounds like you got an answer from PGW about the problem you had, you don't like the answer, and are trying to get the vendor to change the answer by posting here.

The following is from the Wire Guidelines. "The SASS Wire is not to be used for individuals to challenge vendors or argue their cases or conflicts. It is never to be used as a leveraging tool for any reason. Those are personal issues and not acceptable on the Wire."

In reply to your original question, over the years there have been many posts saying what great folks they are as do the posts on this thread.

Regards,

Allie

Archived