SASS Wire Forum

"Death Valley Days" Series Restored & Back on DirecTV

Cat Brules

Remember this series from back in the 1960's? Death Valley Days? DirecTV says they've restored it to digital quality, looks like they colorized it (from the clip they show), and it's supposed to be on the DirecTV Encore Western Channel in January sometime....complete with Ronald Reagan, it looks like.

It was on for 18 years so some of the later episodes were in color. I liked The Old Ranger. He was the original host from 1952 up to the early 1960's.

On one of these "catch-all" dvd's I have around here somewhere, there's several episodes in black and white. I remember it was sponsored by, "Twenty Mule Team Borax". I used to go out and explore the Mojave and it was so empty. Now it seems so crowded with traffic and small.

I have cable and the Westerns channel has been advertising Death Valley Days to start in Jan. I loved it as a kid! ;) My father always had 20 Mule Team Borax in the basement bathroom for when yer hands were really dirty!

Twenty Mule Team Borax also made a great flux for brazing! We used it all of the time. Warm a brass rod and dip it into the box and it was better than the pre-fluxed stuff by far!!

And it cleans anything!!

I remember I enjoyed watch death valley days long ago.

Seems to me the stories and filming locations were great.

Did Gabby Hayes host the show at any time?

I don't remember (was it George?) Gabby Hayes hosting the show.

Twenty Mule Team Borax also made a great flux for brazing! We used it all of the time. Warm a brass rod and dip it into the box and it was better than the pre-fluxed stuff by far!!

And it cleans anything!!

A local blacksmith will use nothing else for flux when he's forge welding!

Archived