SASS Wire Forum

Kentucky State Champeen Ship - Are You Ready?

Kid Drover

9 Days and Counting!!! :D I count Friday as Start Day, cuz I am gonna be off from work, and I am gonna be a participant in hurtling some lead down range. I sure do enjoy participating in hurtling lead down range. I have to quickly add, as long as no one is hurtling lead back at me! :blink:

I didn't mean to interrupt your day. I just wanted to take a minute and brag about the Greatest State Shoot in the Eastern Hills of Kentucky. If you can make it, please do. As a famous spokes person says: "We'll leave the light on". ^_^

Drover, you know I'll be there. Whiskey Creek, and Iron Maiden are a coming with Me and Miss Bo. I expect a large time as always.

If you have never been to Hooten Old Town you owe it to yourself to see and shoot one of the best Towns and ranges in SASS. If you been there, then come on back!

If'n anybody needs a little tune up before the big match we are shooting at Ponderosa Pines this Saturday the 16th.

Sure do wish me'n'Fannie could be there. :angry: Lotsa fun to be missed, I'm sure! With my impending retirement hopefully taking place in February, I'm hoping to make this shoot next year. Copperhead Joe took me over to Hooten a couple of years back, but I've never had the pleasure of actually "hurtling lead down range" there. Plan to change that one of these days.

I called the Town and Country Motel in Mckee today to confirm the reservation I made before we left last year. Turns out they "misplaced" all their paperwork and have rented all their rooms to others. They didn't apologize, they simply offered to put me on a waiting list behind four or five others-not much help since I think they only have about 10-12 rooms total.

What a bunch of idiots! :angry:

If you made a reservation last year and haven't checked back, you're probably screwed.

Edit:This motel is in no way associated with the fine folks that run this excellent match.

Very sorry to hear that.

One of the better roads is 30 between London and Tyner. Not curvy. You can run 60 mph on it easily.

To get to mckee, you can turn off 30

check google maps. so about 17 miles on very good rd and the last 10 on a nice but some curves.

1. Head southeast on KY-80 E toward Melcon Ln transparent.png
0.4 mi
2. Continue onto Hal Rogers Pkwy transparent.png
1.1 mi
3. Turn left onto KY-30 E transparent.png
16.3 mi
4. Turn left onto KY-3630 transparent.png
1.7 mi
5. Turn right onto Ky-290 transparent.png
8.9 mi
6. Turn left onto Main St transparent.png
0.6 mi
7. Take the 1st left onto KY-89 S transparent.png
2.3 mi
8. Turn right onto Hooten Branch Rd transparent.png
0.5 mi

Hey Buffy,

Just do what the Hooten Gang does. Stay up and party all night. Who needs a bed when you are too tired to sleep anyway! :P Just kidding. I know how you feel. I sure would be frustrated as well.

I just hope this won't "color" you feeling about the Hooten Ole Town "Residents". They are all first class Cowpokes!

My App is in the mail.

Just found out that I can come down for this one!

FCGF -- YeeHaw

--Dawg

You guys and gals have fun. Wish I could go to this shoot this year. Other duties call. Moving my son into his college apartment that weekend.

Not really much of a choice. There's always another shoot. Only so many chances to help my boy get set up for another year at school (GO UK!!)

Guitar Slinger

Master Cryder,,

Welcome, sir! You will be a welcomed addition. Just one small caution, the smoke hangs in the early morning in Hooten Ole Town. :P I am sure you will enjoy yourself! Appalachian Alan and Double Eagle Dave put on a great shoot!

Is Loco coming too?

7 Days and Counting!!!

Nothing has changed. I'll be there with smoke in my pockets and Cedar River Kid riding shotgun and Calamity Jen guarding rear. We're looking to paint the range white with good ole southern smoke. Barbeque some lead that is.

Gets me thinking I should check my room reservations??

Looking forward to the fun.

Regards,

Ringer

Damn I'm impressed, you guys can count drawkcab. But can you read that way?

Just 2 more days of work and the fun begins.

:lol: -- 2 Days for me as well. Hooten Ole Town will never be the same!!! Did anyone tell ya'll the Long Distance Side Matches at this range is one of the Premier Long Range Side Matches Ever. The targets are WAY up on hill, and the shooter is shooting from a "valley floor". Very Cool - Very Cool, indeed! :ph34r:

2........I say 2......., 2 hours and I am going to offically be off work and on play. I finishing the loading the truck tonight, and hit the not so dusty trail of the inter-state systems first thing tomorrow morning. And, Yes, I am bragging! Cuz, I am READY!!!

Guys and gals,

Have fun and be safe.

Here's wishing clean shoots and personal best times for each of you this weekend.

I'll be taking my boy to college but will be thinking of you all too.

Guitar Slinger

Archived