SASS Wire Forum

Shotgun Shells at Walmart $19.97

Waimea

I found boxes of 100 Federal shotgun shells at Walmart in Ocoee rollback priced at

$19.97

I have never paid less than $21.97 for 100 at Walmart.

If anybody that's going to the Lake County Pistoleros match on Saturday wants some, speak up and I will get more.

Also, if you're near a Walmart that sells shotgun shells you just might want to check it out.

Asked about .22 shells and they actually had some of them over the weekend.

They did not sell out until around noon on Saturday

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I'll check our local Wally World and thank you kindly for this heads up! :)

I happened to be in our Walmart today and I saw that they had about 10 - 12 boxes of Low Noise - Low Recoil AA's for $7.87. Is that a good price? I haven't bought loaded shells in years, but that seemed high.

I happened to be in our Walmart today and I saw that they had about 10 - 12 boxes of Low Noise - Low Recoil AA's for $7.87. Is that a good price? I haven't bought loaded shells in years, but that seemed high.

I cleaned out the Wal*Mart in Belen, NM of Featherlites at that price and then will get the $2 a box rebate. Snap 'em up. Some online retailers are selling them for $9 a box. Featherlights are loaded in AA hulls for a small market. You can't get them for the same price as promo ammo sold for the mass market.

I'm going to buy some of those cheap Federals to use at the EOT 5-stand side match. They will work fine for that purpose. I'll pitch the hulls in the trash. They are just disposable shooting fodder.

Do the Federals shuck out as easily as win AA or Rems?

Charlie,

No they do not.

They are ribbed and have some sort of metal that the reloaders do not like.

If your chambers are well polished I understand they will shuck OK but not as good as the AA.

When I was a new shooter I offered my hulls to a Pard I knew reloaded and he said that those hulls do not reload well so I now just trash them when finished.

Waimea (doing my part to fill up the land fills)

Yes

I cleaned out the Wal*Mart in Belen, NM of Featherlites at that price and then will get the $2 a box rebate. Snap 'em up. Some online retailers are selling them for $9 a box. Featherlights are loaded in AA hulls for a small market. You can't get them for the same price as promo ammo sold for the mass market.

Thanks, pards!

Wife and I pick'd up 4/100 cases the last couple of days(100 rnds per person/day)-Gonna hit'em again, tomorrow.

LG

LG

The Walmart I shop limits to 3 boxes per day.

Case of 100 is considered 1 box.

Wonder how yours would handle a box of 550 .22 shells (?) :lol:

Could be interesting.

Waimea

Charlie,

No they do not.

If your chambers are well polished I understand they will shuck OK but not as good as the AA.

When I was a new shooter I offered my hulls to a Pard I knew reloaded and he said that those hulls do not reload well so I now just trash them when finished.

They are impossible to re-crimp - okay, not impossible but dang hard. I've had new reloaders ask if they could have my wally-world discount hulls as I leave. I've had to break it to several of them that they're not worth reloading, which is why they fill the trash cans at the local ranges.

I've successfully made cut-down shells with an overshot card glued in, but thats about it.

I've also had reloaded discounts leak shot into the action of my old Sportsman58 and stove it up.

BUT: I can think of no better shell for Dove hunting. We have a sizeable stash JUST for that.

LG

The Walmart I shop limits to 3 boxes per day.

Case of 100 is considered 1 box.

Wonder how yours would handle a box of 550 .22 shells (?) :lol:

Could be interesting.

Waimea

1 bulk pack a day of 22's ;)

I have found the bulk 12 ga shells to reload just fine on my 1978, Mec 600jr.

LG

If you went to are local Gander Mountain you would be pleased to find (NOT) that a single box of 25 shells would be $19.97. Heaven forbid you want 16 or 10 gauge!

I was in Gander Mountain a week ago and could not believe some of the prices.

$29.95 for a pound of Pyrodex.

What's up with that?

Waimea

Charlie,

No they do not.

They ARE ribbed and the "heads" are made of steel which are difficult to re-size if you reload. They work OK in a '97 pump and the price is great if you don't reload.

They are selling them for $8.97 a box/25 at my local Walmart but they "sell out" as fast as they come in (which is probably why they priced higher). I bought 10 boxes a couple of weeks ago and I check every week to see if more came in. None as of this past Monday.

Thanks for the heads up. Been checking our local Walmart twice a week and was told they wouldn't have any for some time. That was last week. Went early this morning and there was three boxes for 19.97. No limit got all three.

Thanks again. T.T.T.

I reload shot shells not so much to save money, rather to tailor my loads. I load a heavier load than the"featherlights" but lighter than everything else. Those bulk pack shot shells are pretty stout and I've seen a lot of new shooters, especially women, getting beat up by them. Want to discourage a new shooter? Let them shoot these bulk pack shells, especially in a light coach gun.

I buy these shotgun shells strictly to shoot skeet, just one of my shooting passions. As far as CAS I reload al shotgun because I shoot on the dark side. Ballistic Products aways seems to have everything I need when I need them except of course powder. But then I don't look at them for that. Moist of my shotguns are old doubles and I probably should work up some timid smokeless like the AA winchester low velocity low recoil loads nd save some money. I guess I m lazy in that department

Lazy with spellcheck too!

I reload shot shells not so much to save money, rather to tailor my loads. I load a heavier load than the"featherlights" but lighter than everything else. Those bulk pack shot shells are pretty stout and I've seen a lot of new shooters, especially women, getting beat up by them. Want to discourage a new shooter? Let them shoot these bulk pack shells, especially in a light coach gun.

Yep, I WAS trying to get my wife interested in CAS. :blush:

Took her to the range and she did great until the shotgun.

She dislocated her shoulder about five years back and it never really healed right so I thought I'd show her how to shoot Outlaw style.

Ya boy, that didn't work out too well.

That was 3 years ago and she hasn't been to the range since. :(

Waimea

Boy, do I feel like I'm all alone way out here in left field!

I have been using the Federal Value-Pack 12 ga. shells exclusively in my Stoeger SxS for the past 3-1/2 years.

Contrary to popular belief, the vertical ribs actually create less surface area to contact the chamber and they shuck out just fine.

I'm also going to confess to being a real odd-ball because I actually reload the Federal hulls with a Lee Load-All II, and they reload beautifully... :blink: :wacko:

Boy, do I feel like I'm all alone way out here in left field!

I have been using the Federal Value-Pack 12 ga. shells exclusively in my Stoeger SxS for the past 3-1/2 years.

Contrary to popular belief, the vertical ribs actually create less surface area to contact the chamber and they shuck out just fine.

I'm also going to confess to being a real odd-ball because I actually reload the Federal hulls with a Lee Load-All II, and they reload beautifully... :blink: :wacko:

The bulk Wal-mart 12 ga ammo reloads great and works well in everything I have. From a 11-87 to my SxS with a real '97 and a 'Cap' '87 level in the mix.

The bulk ammo is excellent 16-20 yd trap ammo too.

LG

I was in Gander Mountain a week ago and could not believe some of the prices.

$29.95 for a pound of Pyrodex.

What's up with that?

Waimea

They're Gander Mountain. They're like that. $$$$$ on everything.

They are selling them for $8.97 a box/25 at my local Walmart but they "sell out" as fast as they come in (which is probably why they priced higher). I bought 10 boxes a couple of weeks ago and I check every week to see if more came in. None as of this past Monday.

There was nine left when I went back today, so I scooped them up. They'll be perfect loads for my wife if I can convince her to give it a whirl!

Archived