SASS Wire Forum

throwing out live rifle round

Rebel Bill

Could anyone suggest a drill to help to stop throwing out a live rifle round. On an average stage I run between four and five seconds, I know that's not blazing fast compared to a lot of fast rifle shooters, but Lately I have started throwing a live one out. The round has no firing pin marks on it,,not even light marks. It is me for sure and not the rifle. I have tried several different rifles. I am shooting a Jimmy spurs 73,the lever safety is operational. any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Rebel Bill

Practice, your timing is off, practice with live rounds at a range or a safe location, IMHO dry firing will not correct this problem because how do you know if your actually pulling trigger in correct time, at least with live ammo you have a report that lets you know the round went off.

KK

dryfire at a slower rate and slowly increase it, you'll feel it if you get out of time,,,, do it a lot!

Badlands Bob is right, I have tried every other combination and noting else works quite right.

Sounds like you are just out running yourself.

Trying to go faster that you are really able to at this point.

As CC pointed out. More practice. And proper practice.

Sometimes you have to slow down to go faster. :o:huh:

As AO sez check trigger weight. mine runn 1 1/2 lbs set by spurs, hasnt changed in 6 yrs. another rifle went from 1 1/2 to over 6 in bout 2 yrs. When it did I started doing tha same thing as U till it was rehoned.

RRR

Archived