SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Chronicle

That's because nobody likes you. :P;)^_^

Well....my Mama did anyway....at least until I learned how to talk :D :D

Don't worry Krazy Kajun....nobody likes me either! Hey....wanna' start a club?

EC

EC...I believe there's a lot of us in that club....most of em' hang around in the Saloon! After a few drinks you'll like anybody! :P:D:lol:

Bottles!

Give my new friend KK a bottle of his favorite bourbon on me. And give him a CLEAN glass this time! ;)

EC

I've been a SASS "member" since 1991. Upgraded to Life just before SASS increased Life Membership from $400. All these years, SASS has promoted the fact that a subscription to the Cowboy Chronicle was included in the price of membership. First year's fee was more because of the badge. Never once has SASS explained how membership dues do NOT cover the cost of the Cowboy Chronicle...until now. It may have always been the case, it may be a recent change, but we didn't know that. SASS has not done any kind of job informing the "membership" of what is going on.

I applaud Misty for her efforts to inform us of what is going on. I remain skeptical, because it is rather late in the game for transparency. I will wait and see. I would like my dues to be a real membership and receive something more than a license to participate in SASS-sanctioned State and above matches.

My wife told me today that we ought to go ahead and pay the $25 for the paper copy. and yes i'm a lifer, since 02 I believe.

I think it's time to take a step back and take a deep breath, and then help save this sport we love!

Guest hawgrunner

I agree, do not like onwire reading the paper got wireless thru cellphone, costs me to stay on to use this thing and could not get past page 6, do not read the paper we got all at the same time, like to pick it up and put down at my liesure and pass it around and or leave at the barbershop for others to read,thinking of giving this up, can always shoot at regular match and not at the annuals, disappointed with not recieving the paper anymore and $ is too tight, went broke at last job and trying to start over again paycheck to paycheck. HR :ph34r:

Guest hawgrunner

Now I try to log in the members and tells me I don't exist with my email address,could not get to read anything if I wanted to. :angry: HR :ph34r:

Eamon,

Update your member information on the following site. http://www.sassnet.com/Membership-Update-Info-001A.php

Regards,

Allie

Now I try to log in the members and tells me I don't exist with my email address,could not get to read anything if I wanted to. :angry: HR :ph34r:

Tried to Allie....still no go.

Contacted Misty who is having someone contact me on Monday to figure it out.

For something I pay for, I am spending WAAAAAY too much time trying to get what I paid for.

Lots of cranky cowboys yesterday at the local shoot.

We'll talk at DG@AC in a few weeks. Dar Dar's not sure if she can get the time off. If she can't, she says she'll come up on Friday night so she can "socialize" on Saturday and enjoy the dinner.

EC

Hi Allie, I did this a few days ago, first time I ever knew about this, I have received emails notifying me of a pm, but I found out this is not from SASS, but from the mods. How long does it take for them to get me so I can log into the members site, I know when I did it, it took me 5 times before it took, the first 3 times I was spitting mad, gave up and came back later when I cooled down, the 4th time did not take and but 5th time it did, I guess, not sure.

Am I supposed to get a email from SASS about this or what?????

I still want the chronicle in paper form and I don't want to pay extra either, I'm pretty sure they will not get 5,000 people to sign up and they know it, so it is a win win for them.

All for now JD Trampas

Still want the PRINTED VERSION?

SASS has investigated the cost of a small print run for The Cowboy Chronicle. The quotes indicate the cost for receiving a printed copy is on the order of $25 per year. Those who want to continue receiving the printed version are expected to cover the printing and mailing cost. The smallest print run we can make is 5000 copies. If there are less than 5000 requests for printed copies, we have to publish a digital version only. If you want a printed copy, please contact Headquarters and let us know ...we will prorate the $25 fee.

The above came to me in an e-mail today--- The March CC says $35 for a printed copy---which is it?

Some small local papers in my area went out of business shortly after going digital, I used to look forward to the paper at my door for a small fee so's I could read it over morning coffee: but no more and I'm not about to set up a PC at the table so I can strain my eyes first thing in the morning!

That's interesting. Not sure that I really care to spend another $25 but if that's what it takes...

Where did you get this information? Did SASS email you or was this in response to a question that you asked them?

That's interesting. Not sure that I really care to spend another $25 but if that's what it takes...

Where did you get this information? Did SASS email you or was this in response to a question that you asked them?

The blue part came in an e-mail from SASS and said $25 and the online March CC said $35

You know, you folks that want it printed could print a copy of the digital copy. Then you could do as you have done in the past. It would probably cost about the same money as the printed version increased cost for a year, if you already have paper and a color printer. The only drawback would be you would have a thick A4 version instead of a newspaper format.

Just an idea............................. :lol:

I think it a pretty easy fix .

Life members should continue to receive CBC free. :huh:

All none life members dues go up 5.00 and still receive CBC ! :blink:

With the membership count we have at 5.00 X Half of the count we have is 500000 or something like that.

That should fix the Issue for ever ! :)

Archived