SASS Wire Forum

Webmaster-IE11 Copy/Paste Issue Solution

StirrupTrouble

For those that have had issues copying and pasting in IE11, I believe this is due to the global template that is being used on the site. Making the following change should resolve the issue without breaking it for other browsers. I hope this info is helpful

Change globalTemplate as follows:

from: <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />

to:

<php>
$ie11fix = "edge";
if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']) && (strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Trident/7') !== false)) $ie11fix = "EmulateIE10";
< /php>
< meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE={$ie11fix}" />

Have a great day

Hello,

I've not heard of "the SASS Webmaster." I report problems to Misty for her to act as appropriate. This would probably be to report it to the Forum provider's technical staff.

I've reported this. Also, the Administrator Control panel shows that there are two software upgrades pending. I brought that to her attention too.

Maybe after New Years, someone will have time to check it out.

Regards,

Allie "who finds this problem very inconvenient as a Moderator" Mo

I am not the Webmaster.

I am Gozer. The Gatekeeper.

For those that have had issues copying and pasting in IE11, I believe this is due to the global template that is being used on the site. Making the following change should resolve the issue without breaking it for other browsers. I hope this info is helpful

Change globalTemplate as follows:

from: <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />

to:

<php>

$ie11fix = "edge";

if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']) && (strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Trident/7') !== false)) $ie11fix = "EmulateIE10";

< /php>

< meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE={$ie11fix}" />

Have a great day

I speak a little Kajun so I'll try and provide a little explanation of what wuz "served" (pun intended) up. I am just a mere mortal user so take this for what it's worth, my opinion is worth just what you paid for it.

I believe what he is saying is that the webmaster for "The Wahr" needs to make this change on their website rather than us mere mortal users on our individual computers. By forcing Internet Explorer version 11 users to use the "edge" method for rendering it can cause problems with the "cut and paste" functionality. The "fix" he is detailing would be on the website side and the code being supplied would decipher if us mere mortal users were to be using version 11 of Internet Explorer then the website would render their content in version 10 of Internet Explorer. Evidently there is some problem with the Wahr's website software and the way Internet Explorer version 11 functions. This would only apply to mere mortals who use version 11 of Internet Explorer and the Wahr's website would decipher that on its own.

If there are any web gurus amongst us who sees this any different speak up.

Krazy (wut uses Firefox) Kajun

I've got IE 10 with the same problems,,,,

Well I tried that code and some good looking chick with a British accent showed up in my den and said, "What do you little monsters want to do first?" :blink:

Scary. I deleted her!

Install Firefox browser and it will work. It is faster than Internet Explorer and stable. You can get it for free here .

If you right click on a video while you are watching it, that puts the web address on your clipboard. Then open Wordpad and paste it there, so you can read it. Then manually type it into your post and the link will work as if you had pasted it.

Archived