SASS Wire Forum

Parenting

Subdeacon Joe

For Hazel's 17th birthday, I had a cake that said, "One More Year and Out You Go".

I thought it was funny. The lady at the bakery thought it was funny. HAZEL thought it was funny.

Her mother, her grandparents, her aunts and uncles and every other adult friend and relation - they all thought I was horrible. Oh well.

I don't get the jar of beets, though. Apparently the pun is too sophisticated for me. Can someone explain it?

I don't get the jar of beets, though. Apparently the pun is too sophisticated for me. Can someone explain it?

Think "beats" as in a musical beat. Dr. Dre is a rapper, producer, etc... He also has a line of headphones, speakers and things.

http://www.beatsbydre.com/

(For informational purpose only, that does not constitute an endorsement.)

The thing that struck me about the Jeep was, that if I could get it in, they could get it out. Much easier to get under the hood and pull a coil wire or some such.

I never heard of Dr. Dre, so figgered Dre was the name of the kid that Mama had just taught to can - therefore "beets by dre" or "carrots by dre". "If this poisons you, I didn't make 'em. Dre done it" kinda thing.

Thank you.

For Hazel's 17th birthday, I had a cake that said, "One More Year and Out You Go".

I thought it was funny. The lady at the bakery thought it was funny. HAZEL thought it was funny.

Her mother, her grandparents, her aunts and uncles and every other adult friend and relation - they all thought I was horrible. Oh well.

I would of laugh with you on the cake Alpo, My whole family would have thought it was funny.

Think "beats" as in a musical beat. Dr. Dre is a rapper, producer, etc... He also has a line of headphones, speakers and things.

http://www.beatsbydre.com/

(For informational purpose only, that does not constitute an endorsement.)

The thing that struck me about the Jeep was, that if I could get it in, they could get it out. Much easier to get under the hood and pull a coil wire or some such.

My little brother in the 5th grade had a teacher that drove a bug. Him and some classmates turned it sideways between 2 parked cars,

I have heard raising children described as being pecked to death by ducks or like trying to nail jelly to a tree. My experience makes me believe both. :D

Ah, but it does have its compensations, my brother. I have to just about bite a hole in my lip to keep from laughing every time one of my daughters (3 of them) calls me to say, "Do you want to know what your grandchild did to me today?" :P

Archived