SASS Wire Forum

Isle Of Man

Grizzly Adams 3674

It's so dangerous it was taken off the FIM Racing series many years ago. It's not run like a regular race, but rather riders take off in staggered starts to eliminate congestion. It's on my bucket list of things to see. As a former motorcycle roadracer it has piqued my interest since I first learned of it in the 70's.

Can you name the only automobile made on the Isle of Man? Came in two versions, both were coupes.

SC .. just a short five hour drive and a ferry ride from my house . . .

WOW! Is this televised in the U.S.

It is indeed unique, and the Holy Grail for motorcycle roadracers (especially us vintage ones). I had a few friends race it this year - they plan to go back, but I'm too old now and can't afford it, anyway.

BTW, the racer who goes off the right hander and down the cliff at 100+ (at around the 1+30 mark) not only lived, but came back to race it again this year - after a 2 yr recovery. Incredible!

If you haven't raced a motorcycle, you probably won't get it.

Hey BCB, take a look at AHRMA.org. We race the old bikes on some of the best tracks - you might be interested. Had 70,000 spectators over three days at Barber this October. Fun on Old Wheels!

Harvey

Raced Motocross for years as a kid, rode a a KZ 900 in my teens, 1100 Intercepter in my 20's (fastest I ever rode in 2 wheels, close to 150 mph). Moved to a Harley Fat Boy in my 30's and now I'm happy to putt along on my trusty Indian in my 50's, funny how 70 mph feels damn fast now, I like 50 mph on an open road with some good scenery.

It is indeed unique, and the Holy Grail for motorcycle roadracers (especially us vintage ones). I had a few friends race it this year - they plan to go back, but I'm too old now and can't afford it, anyway.

BTW, the racer who goes off the right hander and down the cliff at 100+ (at around the 1+30 mark) not only lived, but came back to race it again this year - after a 2 yr recovery. Incredible!

If you haven't raced a motorcycle, you probably won't get it.

Hey BCB, take a look at AHRMA.org. We race the old bikes on some of the best tracks - you might be interested. Had 70,000 spectators over three days at Barber this October. Fun on Old Wheels!

Harvey

Yeah, my wife's old TA125 Yamaha competes there still. I used to race a 1000 Lemans in The AMA Battle of The Twins. Now that was an expensive hobby.

Yeah, my wife's old TA125 Yamaha competes there still. I used to race a 1000 Lemans in The AMA Battle of The Twins. Now that was an expensive hobby.

Do you remember Will Harding on the Guzzi in AMA Superbike back in the day? Raced the same bike with us for years up until three years ago, or so. Was our referee for few yeas, also. Andrew Cowell is racing it this year, sponsored by Stan Freiduss Guzzi.

Raced Motocross for years as a kid, rode a a KZ 900 in my teens, 1100 Intercepter in my 20's (fastest I ever rode in 2 wheels, close to 150 mph). Moved to a Harley Fat Boy in my 30's and now I'm happy to putt along on my trusty Indian in my 50's, funny how 70 mph feels damn fast now, I like 50 mph on an open road with some good scenery.

Tops for me was 130 mph on a BMW.

+1 on 50 mph, good scenery -- and a more upright seating position!

Archived